merriman part 3

• Please log in to reply
87 replies to this topic

#81 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,040 posts

Posted 24 April 2016 - 04:30 PM

That May 10 date could be a low for miners JG?

#82 johngeorge

johngeorge

• TT Member+
  • 4,616 posts

Posted 24 April 2016 - 05:01 PM

dougie

You may or may not know that a Bradley turn date is + or - 2 days. Mr Bradley gave himself some grace period when identifying a turn date.  Additionally the turn date may apply to only one or two sectors.  I have no way of knowing for certain which one(s).

Recently I have been reading  a number of calls by knowledgeable folks that soon PM mining stocks are headed for a decline  So perhaps May 10th, or thereabouts, may be the low.  Will see.  I might buy back some DUST insurance during the interim. 

Peace
johngeorge

#83 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,040 posts

Posted 24 April 2016 - 05:07 PM

Thanks JG.

I am of the mind that we are going to see some serious volatility. Bull market should do so

#84 johngeorge

johngeorge

• TT Member+
  • 4,616 posts

Posted 24 April 2016 - 06:52 PM

You are most welcome, dougie.  Any time. smile.png

I neglected to mention an indicator I use as a guide to the gold price the $US.  Looking at this daily chart of the $US it appears to me the dollar wants to rally.  In the event it strengthens it would provide a strong headwind for gold. My opinion is that gold is now in a new bull market (don't hang your hat on that as I am the worst forecaster on this board) and as you say there will be tremendous volatility.  That can spell opportunity for those with the trading skill set to earn handsome rewards.  Interesting times! 

Peace
johngeorge

#85 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,940 posts

Posted 24 April 2016 - 06:52 PM

That May 10 date could be a low for miners JG?

that could fit that "ideal" scenario I mentioned and could set up a very bueno buyin opp IF it plays out. I've been heavily in oil stocks and cashed out big last week on 80% of my longs, gearin up to add to core longs in metals arena if the road map gives us a relatively low risk buy, we see

BSing away

Senor

#86 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,940 posts

Posted 24 April 2016 - 06:54 PM

You are most welcome, dougie.  Any time. smile.png

I neglected to mention an indicator I use as a guide to the gold price the $US.  Looking at this daily chart of the $US it appears to me the dollar wants to rally.  In the event it strengthens it would provide a strong headwind for gold. My opinion is that gold is now in a new bull market (don't hang your hat on that as I am the worst forecaster on this board) and as you say there will be tremendous volatility.  That can spell opportunity for those with the trading skill set to earn handsome rewards.  Interesting times! 

si amigo, dollar looks like it has more norte bounce to come, that may be supportive of gold C wave down possibility, we see

Senor

#87 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,040 posts

Posted 24 April 2016 - 07:04 PM

equally importantly it looks like it wants to rally against the YEN

#88 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,611 posts

Posted 24 April 2016 - 10:39 PM