tria

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 27 April 2016 - 01:33 PM

Maybe we go up to the 9th
Hadith losing. His mojo

Maybe we go down up to 2-3 May.

Anyway today was too much about nothing, going back to fasting,

In the world of 0 and 1: "austerity" is the right thing to SAY; "spent more, print more" is the right thing to DO.

"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take."
~ Wayne Gretzky

#12 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,595 posts

Posted 27 April 2016 - 01:41 PM

i dont think so. 

i think the fed is not the bazooka the boj is. japan is in much worse financial condition than the usa. i see this range continuing into the 4/30 then we see.   the fed has said it doesnt want to influence politics . so . their last opportunity in 16 to raise rates will be june, after that its very close to the election, even june may be too close. anyway, i have stated for awhile now the fed is trapped. they will be and remain behind the curve . this next leg up in the miners will be much bigger than this 1st leg. sure we could pull back and have a good normal correction. and that will present a buying op. for now the catalyst isnt there . and in spite of currie in a hurry appearing on the media every few days trying to bash gold, he is having no affect .

no he is not losing his mojo, but folks can see beyond the present.

dharma 

#13 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,900 posts

Posted 27 April 2016 - 02:00 PM

i dont think so. 

i think the fed is not the bazooka the boj is. japan is in much worse financial condition than the usa. i see this range continuing into the 4/30 then we see.   the fed has said it doesnt want to influence politics . so . their last opportunity in 16 to raise rates will be june, after that its very close to the election, even june may be too close. anyway, i have stated for awhile now the fed is trapped. they will be and remain behind the curve . this next leg up in the miners will be much bigger than this 1st leg. sure we could pull back and have a good normal correction. and that will present a buying op. for now the catalyst isnt there . and in spite of currie in a hurry appearing on the media every few days trying to bash gold, he is having no affect .

no he is not losing his mojo, but folks can see beyond the present.

dharma 

Yeah it certainly is possible we do not get a wave "C" down in a continuing wave 2 correction in gold, however for now I will allow for that

Senor

#14 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 8,998 posts

Posted 27 April 2016 - 02:16 PM

oban has 74 million in the bank , they are not going to burn through that any time soon. this is a high grade find, w/gold near the surface http://www.obanminin...&content_id=135 i have done my research , now if the market goes up this will be a big winner

i believe commodity prices have bottomed, which as the complex goes higher, as in the past, it will lend great support to gold.  what the 4-5yr down phase has done is it prevented miners from continuing to build their mines, now, as demand will increase in the new bull,  there will not be the new supply coming on stream!!! the will exacerbate the price to the upside.  i  am not sure what the next days will reveal. but, i think the big one is the boj. on the 28th w/mercury retrograde(communication) . commercials are always short the gold market, it is an extremely rare set of events when the commercials are net long. so , being short doesnt concern me until they are short in the 250-300 range. otherwise in a bull it is background noise. the fed is trapped.  they will be behind the curve.  i dont think yellen can be volker.  the financial fabric is much weaker. and there is much more debt than in the 70s w/5 planets retrograde we will have sputters and spurts. it will all get sorted out on the 10th or by the 27th of may . i will use weakness to add . if we spurt to udno strength i may take some off the table. 

dharma

i think today and tomorrow will  gyrate

Thanks for the Oban comments Dharma.

I am long. Why the huge spike in Volume this year you think?

#15 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,595 posts

Posted 27 April 2016 - 03:03 PM

senor its sure looking like we could remain range bound into may. 

dougie, during the down market 13-15 oban bouht assets, which is the right move. they bought them on the cheap. they have built assets and now have a viable portfolio.  . + they have 74 million cash.  that is a fairly strong position they played the game the right way and folks like us have started to notice them . all their mines are in canada, a safe place and favorable mining jurisdiction. and it has under performed compared to other explorers

folks are just starting to catch on.  http://www.obanminin...resentation.pdf

they will get noticed and catch up. 

dharma

#16 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 8,998 posts

Posted 27 April 2016 - 03:16 PM

Thanks

#17 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,595 posts

Posted 27 April 2016 - 03:18 PM

so w/stable gold prices the miners keep creeping higher. this will turn into a sprint on the next leg up in the metal

this is typical bull market action. where do you get in ?! well you wait for a correction, which since the may 11 highs has not 

happened. ,and the miners inch and creep higher. all the while

after this consolidation. its chase . get your track shoes, you are going to need em  most of the gold community missed this 

leg.  see how they run!

lets see what sound economics abe/kuroda come out w/ or do they fire up the bazooka!?

dharma 

dont worry marty will save ya

he has a system the govt tried imprisoning him until he gave over the code

#18 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,595 posts

Posted 28 April 2016 - 10:27 AM

gold is in this pennant formation. and that is what i am keying off. i am not a great elliotician , like senor or stu baby, but it is a tool in my box and i use it in conjunction w/many other things, including fundamentals. so , i think we are topping in wave D , then a small pullback for E all the while the miners remain firm . and that is a key.   kuroda and abe, talked but did not talk about debasing the currency further here and now the dollar tanked vs the yen. 2.5% . E waves can truncate and we are in the squeezing portion of the pennant. so, i dont look for much of a pullback. so i ask is the pennant wave 2(which is what i think is most probable)or is a 4 leading to a wave 5of 1 extension??? i know it remains to be seen how it plays out. wave 1 extensions are not usual or normal!  

the miners are leaving the shorts and those waiting to buy the unenviable task of chasing.which is what the change to a bull is about! along w/the commercials expanding their shorts. 

“After spending many years in Wall Street and after making and losing millions of dollars I want to tell you this: it never was my thinking that made the big money for me. It was always my sitting. Got that? My sitting tight! livermore

It is no trick at all to be right on the market. I’ve known many [traders] who were right at exactly the right time, and began buying or selling stocks when prices were at the very level that should show the greatest profit. And their experience invariably matched mine; that is, they made no real money out of it. [Traders] who can both be right and sit tight are uncommon. I found it one of the hardest things to learn. But it is only after a stock operator has firmly grasped this that he can make the big money.” — Jesse Livermore

i hope these are gentle reminders. most missed this wave from the dec lows. marty included. of course later he will spin it in a different way.  patience. there are 0 returns in banks etc.  

dharma

#19 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,595 posts

Posted 28 April 2016 - 10:55 AM

any thoughts on this:

platinum has broken out of its downtrend channel and is now above the 55w ma . it is trading at a discount to gold which is not usual. any thoughts on long platinum short gold? toying w/the idea. 

i dont want to start shooting myself in the foot. 

thanks 

dharma

see how the miners run

prince purple rain 

#20 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,595 posts

Posted 28 April 2016 - 02:18 PM

almost every thread someone has sold or is about to sell

i will probably start thinking that way when gold makes new highs . until then i sit

this about sums up the economy

http://mskousen.com/...ness-recession/

i am looking for  a correction soon to as D in the pennant on gold ends. 

dharma

dollar about to take out the lows on the yen for new 1 yr lows

Edited by dharma, 28 April 2016 - 02:19 PM.