Photo

If short revaluate trade tomorrow if doesn't reverse. We should see something.

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 viccarter

viccarter

TRIN_Rida

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,825 posts

Posted 27 April 2016 - 10:42 PM

Few things I am observing here we need to see the reaction tomorrow.  Feels like a lot of people short on TT, but doesn't feel that way on Twitter.  My stream is full of what I consider decent traders getting histrionic on things like Brazil and Oil/Oil Companies.

I feel like there have been 5 main trades themes in 2016:

1.  The January Index/SPX short play (Jan. 4 -- Feb. 11)

2.  The GDX/Gold long play (Jan. 25 -- current)

3.  The Crude and E&P retrace (Feb. 12 -- current)

4.  The Index/SPX long play (Feb. 12 -- current)

5.  The Brazil/EWZ long play (Jan. 27 -- current)

Out of these, only SPX is still on a monthly buy.  GDX, CRUDE/E&P, EWZ still on monthly sells.  I feel like I was really on top of 4 out of 5 of these.  I did not see the Jan index short coming.  I have traded GDX pretty well.  I traded the long SPX trade coming out of Feb. 12 extremely well.  I have not turned bearish until fairly recently.  I saw the Crude trade coming and was positioned long during late February in a basket of oil and gas names, however, if you recall the equity names didn't squeeze until around first of March, and I sold the morning of March 3 and left so much on the table during one of the most epic squeezes I have ever seen.  I fully have been aware and followed the long crude and oil and gas names as they consolidated and I thought they would move higher, but I just wasn't able to pull the trigger and ride this latest trend move up because I was very leery of the overall market on the long side.  Poor execution on my part.

Anyway I have been on top of most of these big 2016 moves, some of these I have traded well.  Sometimes at a bigger turn, I'm a touch early.  Just the way it is.  I see all the Twitter Brazil/Crude pumpers as VERY LATE to this party.

We should turn down on the SPX very shortly.  Be patient and protect yourself.

#2 alexnewbee

alexnewbee

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,459 posts

Posted 28 April 2016 - 04:53 AM

Great call!
"we do G.d's work" Lloyd Blankfein

#3 Ticker

Ticker

• Traders-Talk User
  • 254 posts

Posted 28 April 2016 - 06:55 AM

Still short ES and Russell 2k. Vic where do you see oil going from here? My WAG is that we have bottomed but I am partially short CL looking for a pull back here. I will look to get long FCG again this summer.

#4 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 26,822 posts

Posted 28 April 2016 - 08:39 AM

Watch Trannies here at 8K level...if they don't hold, will be first sign this big rally is outta gas....

The strength of Government lies in the people's ignorance, and the Government knows this, and will therefore always oppose true enlightenment. - Leo Tolstoy

#5 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 26,822 posts

Posted 28 April 2016 - 08:42 AM

SDS needs one more push over 18.40 to clear the launch pad....

The strength of Government lies in the people's ignorance, and the Government knows this, and will therefore always oppose true enlightenment. - Leo Tolstoy

#6 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 26,822 posts

Posted 28 April 2016 - 12:36 PM

OK we are officially in Mars retrograde now...

enough of this wedgie, time for some action...

#7 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 26,822 posts

Posted 28 April 2016 - 02:02 PM

That should have been Mercury... Anyway looks like it may be starting to take hold here

#8 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 26,822 posts

Posted 28 April 2016 - 02:45 PM

Well it was like watching grass grow over the last week or so, but it looks like the Bears finally have the bit in their teeth