Real economy vs Paper economy

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#11 stocks

stocks

• Traders-Talk User
  • 3,507 posts

Posted 06 June 2017 - 11:34 AM

As news that President Trump was pulling out of the Paris climate accord hit at a luncheon for small-business owners in Toledo, Ohio, on Thursday, an already happy crowd suddenly turned euphoric. 

“It was like a major win at a football game,” said Rick Longenecker, a management consultant who had been among the 50 or so attendees who gathered to trade thoughts amid a rapidly improving local economy. 

While multinational corporations such as Disney, Goldman Sachs and IBM have opposed the president’s decision to walk away from the international climate agreement, many small companies around the country were cheering him on, embracing the choice as a tough-minded business move that made good on Mr. Trump’s commitment to put America’s commercial interests first. 

https://www.nytimes....esses.html?_r=0

--

Show me a dangerous neighborhood full of crime, drugs, and thuggery and I'll show you a neighborhood full of single moms

#12 stocks

stocks

• Traders-Talk User
  • 3,507 posts

Posted 30 June 2017 - 10:34 AM

Trump's 6 point energy plan. 

First, we will begin to revive and expand our nuclear energy sector — which I’m so happy about — which produces clean, renewable and emissions-free energy. 

Second, the Department of the Treasury will address barriers to the financing of highly efficient, overseas coal energy plants. 

Third, my administration has just approved the construction of a new petroleum pipeline to Mexico, which will further boost American energy exports,  

Fourth, just today, a major U.S. company, Sempra Energy, signed an agreement to begin negotiations for the sale of more American natural gas to South Korea

Fifth, the United States Department of Energy is announcing today that it will approve two long-term applications to export additional natural gas from the Lake Charles LNG terminal in Louisiana. 

Finally, in order to unlock more energy from the 94 percent of offshore land closed to development, under the previous administration, so much of our land was closed to development.  

https://theconservat...merican-energy/

--

Show me a dangerous neighborhood full of crime, drugs, and thuggery and I'll show you a neighborhood full of single moms