• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 stocks

stocks

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,550 posts

Posted 17 May 2016 - 07:37 AM

Quotes:

'Fundraising is so time-consuming I seldom read any bills I vote on,' the anonymous legislator admits. 'I don't even know how they'll be implemented or what they'll cost.'

'My staff gives me a last-minute briefing before I go to the floor and tells me whether to vote yea or nay. 

And on controversial bills, 'I sometimes vote "yes" on a motion and "no" on an amendment so I can claim I'm on either side of an issue.'

'Our party used to be a strong advocate for the working class,'  'We still pretend to be, but we aren't. Large corporations and public unions grease the palms of those who have the power to determine legislative winners and losers.'

'Most of my colleagues want to help the poor and disadvantaged. To a point,'  'We certainly don't want to live among them. Or mingle with them, unless it's for a soup kitchen photo op. Poverty's a great concern as long as it's kept at a safe distance.'

'I'm a strong advocate of improving our public schools. I also see the near-term value of vouchers and charter schools committed to lending a helping hand to disadvantaged kids. Especially inner-city kids.'

'Hell, most of us send our children to private schools and wouldn't be caught dead sending them to public schools in places like DC. How hypocritical's that?

'We spend money we don't have and blithely mortgage the future with a wink and a nod. Screw the next generation,' the author writes. 

'Nobody here gives a rat's a** about the future and who's going to pay for all this stuff we vote for. That's the next generation's problem. It's all about immediate publicity, getting credit now, lookin' good for the upcoming election.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail...l#ixzz48upZ4gXL 
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

-- -
Defenders of the status quo are always stronger than reformers seeking change, 
UNTIL the status quo self-destructs from its own corruption, and the reformers are free to build on its ashes.

#2 bigtrader

bigtrader

• Traders-Talk User
  • 518 posts

Posted 17 May 2016 - 07:44 AM

60 minutes had an interesting show a couple weeks ago regarding the time required and expected to raise funds. UGH

No longer interested in debating with IGNORANT people.

#3 diogenes227

diogenes227

• TT Patron+
  • 5,120 posts

Posted 17 May 2016 - 01:03 PM

I am shocked. Does this mean Mr. Smith doesn't go to Washington anymore?

Nice picture in the link though of Hypocritic Party leader, Paul Ryan, doing the hypocritical soup kitchen photo op.

"If you've heard this story before, don't stop me because I'd like to hear it again," Groucho Marx (on market history?).

“I've learned in options trading simple is best and the obvious is often the most elusive to recognize.”

"The god of trading rewards persistence, experience and discipline, and absolutely nothing else."

#4 stocks

stocks

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,550 posts

Posted 24 May 2016 - 11:13 AM

In 2014, for the first time ever, law enforcement officers took more property from American citizens than burglars did

Officers can take cash and property from people without convicting or even charging them with a crime — yes, really! — through the highly controversial practice known as civil asset forfeiture. Last year, according to the Institute for Justice, the Treasury and Justice departments deposited more than $5 billion into their respective asset forfeiture funds. That same year, the FBI reportsthat burglary losses topped out at $3.5 billion.

http://www.aei.org/p...stop-the-abuse/

-- -
UNTIL the status quo self-destructs from its own corruption, and the reformers are free to build on its ashes.

#5 stocks

stocks

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,550 posts

Posted 09 June 2016 - 08:02 AM

One law for us, another for you

The California state Senate voted 28-8 Wednesday to exempt itself from the pointless gun-control laws that apply to the rest of the populace.

Also, attempts by a handful of reformers to require politicians to provide a full annual disclosure of the benefits received from the public treasury have been rebuffed.

Bills of this nature never meet an honest fate in which roll-call votes put members on the record as favoring or opposing each idea. Instead, reform measures are held in committee to die quietly as legislative deadlines pass. 

Such a silent death sentence was imposed on a bill that would have eliminated the practice of allowing select public employees to avoid paying red-light-camera tickets and escape any consequence for using toll roads without paying. The current system grants free rides to politicians, court workers, police officers, city council members, social workers, 

http://www.washingto...nother-for-you/

-- -

#6 AChartist

AChartist

Tim

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,800 posts

Posted 12 June 2016 - 10:04 PM

dice videos, voters, bill of rights and another

there has to be a way to harvest these kind of federali ignorant, there is, its called washington

oh looky the fasci again, they keep coming back for more

Do you know what a Fasci is?

A Fasci is the symbol from which we get the word, fascism.

It was a symbol used widely in the Roman Empire and it consists of rods bound together around an axe. This axe is the origin of the term Axis Powers for the fascist countries in the Second World War. The symbolism is of people and countries bound together under a common centralised dictatorship, the axe.
Not only was this used by Ancient Rome back in the day as one of its Symbols of “Supreme Authority”, but also by the Original “Axis Powers” of Europe back in the first half of the 20th Century prior too and during WWII.
Numerous governments and other authorities have used the image of the fasces as a symbol of power since the end of the Roman Empire. It has also been used to hearken back to the Roman republic, particularly by those who see themselves as modern-day successors to the old republic.

o-LINCOLN-MEMORIAL-facebook.jpg

"marxism-lennonism-communism always fails and never worked, because I know

some of them, and they don't work"  M.Jordan

#7 stocks

stocks

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,550 posts

Posted 09 July 2016 - 09:59 AM

Congresswoman Corrine Brown (D-Fla.) pleaded not guilty to 22 federal charges Friday.

"Congresswoman Brown and her chief of staff are alleged to have used the Congresswoman's official position to solicit over $800,000 in donations to a supposed charitable organization, only to use that organization as a personal slush fund," said Assistant Attorney General Leslie R. Caldwell.

"The defendants are alleged to have committed a multitude of criminal violations, including fraudulently receiving and using hundreds of thousands of dollars in contributions meant for a nonprofit organization for their own personal and professional benefit,” said Richard Weber, Chief IRS Criminal Investigation.

Brown is also charged with engaging in tax obstruction between 2008 and 2014. 

Simmons is charged with theft of government property as well. The FBI says a relative of Simmons allegedly received $735,000 in government salary despite "performing no known work" and that Simmons diverted over $80,000 of that salary for his personal benefit.

http://www.firstcoas...ounts/267820069

-- -

#8 stocks

stocks

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,550 posts

Posted 17 August 2016 - 10:11 AM

Pennsylvania's Attorney General Found Guilty in Perjury Case

Kathleen Kane was a rising star in Democratic party politics.

Pennsylvania's attorney general showed little emotion Monday night as she was convicted of leaking grand jury secrets and lying about it under oath.

In calling her a flight risk, the judge ordered Kathleen Kane, 50, to surrender her passport and threatened to jail her if she retaliated against the once-trusted aides who testified against her.

http://abcnews.go.co...y-case-41408997

-- -

#9 stocks

stocks

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,550 posts

Posted 01 December 2016 - 09:11 PM

Philadelphia City Attorney Caught on CCTV Spray Painting “F**k Trump”…

Lloyd, 32, graduated from the University of Pennsylvania and Temple University's Beasley School of Law. He makes $63,207 a year, working in the Labor and Employment unit, representing the city mostly in federal and state discrimination lawsuits.

Police released a video which shows Lloyd, wine glass in hand, holding up his cellphone as the second man, spray-paints the wall.

Police have estimated the damage at between $3,000 and $10,000.

In early November, spray-painted swastikas, racist graffiti, and references to President-elect Donald Trump and Nazi Germany appeared in South Philadelphia. Anti-Trump graffiti have been reported on bus shelters and on the exterior wall of City Hall, where "Not My President" was spray-painted and removed Nov. 12.

-- -

#10 stocks

stocks

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,550 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 06:43 AM

Phony Congressional investigations protect corrupt government.

Examples: Fast and Furious, IRS targeting, Benghazi, Flynn intel leaks 

1.) The electorate become aware of a political issue or action; often illegal.

2.) The electorate become angry.

3.) DC needs to protect itself.

4.) Countermeasures are assigned and deployed to delay, obfuscate and create the illusion of investigation of the illegal governmental action.

5.) Electorate watch.

6.) Investigation goes nowhere.

7.) Countermeasure deployment successful.  

https://theconservat...gy/#more-130314

-- -