#1 TTHQ Staff

TTHQ Staff

www.TTHQ.com

• Admin
  • 8,597 posts

Posted 29 July 2004 - 10:14 AM

Posted Image

Wild Day!

It looked like Armageddon this morning and smooth sailing at the end of the day. That type of action can be consistent with a low. I'm not entirely sure that we have a good one as yet.

DJIA: The Dow looks like it might have more upside, but after 100 points, I'd be gone.

Posted Image

DJT: The Trannies have a pretty ugly pattern developing.

Posted Image

DJU: The Utes really have to hold up in here. If the go, we probably have some big trouble ahead. For now, though, they're OK.

Posted Image

DJUSHB: I'm pretty sure that the Home Builders aren't going anywhere but down for a while, bounces notwithstanding.

Posted Image

SPX: As I look at this weekly on the S&P, I'm thinking that this doesn't look too bad. I'd NOT be surprised by a break of the 50 week, and then a sharp rally, maybe to new highs.

Posted Image

NDX: The Nasdaq just doesn't look that bad to me. We may not be done, but I don't think that the downside is that great here anymore.

Posted Image

QQQ: The Q's aren't a buy yet.

Posted Image

HUI: Look at those miners play! I'm thinking this is Bullish, but we may be early on that call.

Posted Image

SMH: The Semi's look promising to me too. Use care, if you're buying them.

Posted Image

IYR: I'm definitely a Bear on the Realestate I-shares.

Posted Image

NXG: Let's cross our fingers on the Northgate. I'm hopeful that we get some good news this week. Do use care, however. News can help or hurt.

Posted Image

Summary:

My read is that the low isn't in, but the action does look like stocks are trying to put one in. Im going to be looking at sentiment very closely tomorrow. If the Bears are fighting any strength, we'll have to look for higher prices. For now, I say remain flexible, and look both long and short in here.

Be Well, and Trade Smarter Than the Average Bear!
Mark, Doug, and Holly
-The ChartSmarts Team

Current Positions & Watch List Summary