the next leg higher

• Please log in to reply
97 replies to this topic

#11 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,595 posts

Posted 17 June 2016 - 10:09 AM

gold has gone from 1201 to 1320 w/o a correction.  119 gain w/no correction . there is big resistance @ the 1320 area in gold .it was up 6 days straight, so a correction.  has started. i expect it to last into the brexit vote.   i am not in the camp of the dollar bugs.  i do see that the fed offers some return where the eu has negative rates.  the fed made it clear  -they are confused , the economy is weak, raising rates isnt prudent at this time.  its the signal that brought the market to 1320.   

gold is making an inverse h&s pattern on the daily charts tbond chart . t bonds are the ultimate risk off. but in gold terms the chart is looking encouraging

i look for correction/consolidation  in gold to continue 1250 would not surprise me.  

dharma

#12 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,000 posts

Posted 17 June 2016 - 12:07 PM

Gold support at 1205

#13 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,595 posts

Posted 17 June 2016 - 01:54 PM

so are you saying between here and there the only support is 1205?

i have many areas of support between here and 1200

1229 eg has been huge

so if the brexit then risk off will be the trade-is the prevailing thought.  this would take alot since the politicians can/will fabricate votes. if the  brits stay it will be risk on.  the negotiations will take 1-2 yrs so it will be an on going process

if the brits stay , i think the tr will continue until another catalyst presents itself

if they leave, which has a low probability  then it will be risk off and gold will run

my guess is the next catalyst down the road is qe, yes the cbs are not creative, they just reemploy failed policies

dharma

#14 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,595 posts

Posted 17 June 2016 - 03:20 PM

cots

commercials hit 300k short

http://news.goldseek.../1466191906.php

it all rides on the brexit. and if stalins theory is correct , then brexit is a dream

dharma

#15 Russ

Russ

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,174 posts

Posted 18 June 2016 - 12:38 PM

My HUI chart is projecting a big high in early 2018, that may tie in with Armstrong's 2017 being the year from hell view. Shorter term I am not sure about when the top of the wedge will be breached, once that happens it should be off to the races.

HUI%2Bearly%2B2018%2Bhi.JPG

Edited by Russ, 18 June 2016 - 12:42 PM.

"Nulla tenaci invia est via" - Latin for "For the tenacious, no road is impossible".
"In order to master the markets, you must first master yourself" ... JP Morgan
"Most people lose money because they cannot admit they are wrong"... Martin Armstrong

http://marketvisions.blogspot.com/

#16 swanstkdh

swanstkdh

• Traders-Talk User
  • 896 posts

Posted 18 June 2016 - 02:01 PM

According to this chart once the HUI tops at 227.46 its down from there into ? How does it jump the creek?

#17 Russ

Russ

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,174 posts

Posted 18 June 2016 - 03:42 PM

According to this chart once the HUI tops at 227.46 its down from there into ? How does it jump the creek?

The 'creek' is currently around 272, HUI may not back down in this area but it could, it could just keep going and take out the old highs from 2011 when Gold was US$1900 but no doubt there will be bumps along the way. Gannman noted that the GDX chart has 40 as resistance which is about 375 on HUI - the floor of 2012.

Edited by Russ, 18 June 2016 - 03:45 PM.

"Nulla tenaci invia est via" - Latin for "For the tenacious, no road is impossible".
"In order to master the markets, you must first master yourself" ... JP Morgan
"Most people lose money because they cannot admit they are wrong"... Martin Armstrong

http://marketvisions.blogspot.com/

#18 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,595 posts

Posted 20 June 2016 - 10:54 AM

i have gold continuing the bull into 20 and maybe 22  but here and now that is irrelevant 

there are so many cross currents right now. its hard for me to imagine they let the brits just walk away. the line to exit would become quite long, w/draghi and his high pay and privileges the only one left. i am not going to do anything until thursday, then i will take a look    

this is a long term xau/gold quarterly chart.  note the miners have been in a bear market vs gold for almost 20years, 16 may mark the change in trend

r rule interviews doug casey 

i continue to believe gold/miners are in a bull market.  which =surprises are on the upside

dharma

#19 johngeorge

johngeorge

• TT Member+
  • 4,616 posts

Posted 20 June 2016 - 11:51 AM

Just an observation CHPGF up 15% now.

Peace
johngeorge

#20 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,595 posts

Posted 20 June 2016 - 03:10 PM

yes, seems too early for it to be in play, !?

dharma