Douglas Trading System

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Douglas

Douglas

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,815 posts

Posted 29 June 2016 - 01:48 AM

The system generated a proper buy signal Monday the 27th slap bang in the middle of the risk window which further validates the signal.  Even with this doubly strong signal, I decided to ignore it (my gut has been on a winning streak lately so I went with it).  So far that was the wrong decision since the market shot higher, but I still fear another whipsaw. 

My gut reason is the continued turmoil in the UK which may try to invalidate the majority BREXIT vote which I fear could lead to outright civil unrest here.  I'm not sure this BLACK SWAN tail risk is being properly reflected in the market yet.  I readily admit to being a glass-half-full kind of guy, so all this dissention probably won't amount to a hill of beans, but the potential consequences of this very remote risk is just too great to ignore. By the time the next risk window rolls around on July 5th, hopefully the UK leaders will join together and shoot this big black bird out of the sky which will turn out to be a crow which I will be forced to eat.  Fly by gut, die by gut. 

Regards,

Douglas