• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 stocks

stocks

• Traders-Talk User
  • 3,302 posts

Posted 15 July 2016 - 01:48 PM

Chicago’s Collapse Has Begun

Chicago is technically bankrupt. Its expenditures have exceeded its receipts for about ten years. All big rust belt cities in the Midwest, East, and Northeast have been losing population since 1950. 

Chicago’s population has fallen to below where it was in 1920. And the number of white people living in the city has declined to below where it was in 1890

While the wealthiest, those who own businesses, are leaving, the only population growing is Hispanic, and they have a startlingly low education level. The areas of Chicago that are Hispanic are also the areas that have the highest number of households occupied by people with an eighth grade education or less.

Chicago has tried to keep its dying city budget alive with skyrocketing taxes on cigarettes, gasoline, cable TV, phone bills, alcoholic beverages, city stickers, parking. etc When the Cook County Board raised the county sales tax by one percent and announced that 90% of that raise would go only to the pensions of the patronage workers. So even visitors to the city have to support pensioners in Arizona or Florida. 

http://www.americant..._has_begun.html

--

The fact that Americans live in fear of supporting the President in public is proof that the radical left has engaged in domestic terrorism.

#2 diogenes227

diogenes227

• TT Patron+
  • 4,035 posts

Posted 16 July 2016 - 02:44 AM

Chicago has not made the map yet but when and if it does it will certainly help the Midwest maintain its relative supremacy over national municipal mismanagement.

swoon.gif

P.S. Won't surprise me if the entire state of Kansas bites the bankruptcy dust one of these days.

"If you've heard this story before, don't stop me because I'd like to hear it again," Groucho Marx.

I spent half my money on gambling, alcohol and wild women. The other half I wasted, W.C. Fields.

#3 stocks

stocks

• Traders-Talk User
  • 3,302 posts

Posted 30 August 2016 - 09:48 AM

August most violent month in Chicago in nearly 20 years

In the weeks since he was shot in the back, 10-year-old Tavon Tanner has undergone several operations to repair the damage from the bullet that tore through his small body and remains lodged between his shoulder and his chest.

http://www.chicagotr...0829-story.html

--

The fact that Americans live in fear of supporting the President in public is proof that the radical left has engaged in domestic terrorism.

#4 stocks

stocks

• Traders-Talk User
  • 3,302 posts

Posted 05 September 2016 - 09:00 PM

In 2016 Chicago, Only 4% of Attempted Murderers Have Been Arrested

In the police district that covers Austin, on the city’s west side, murders have increased 150%, and the district has seen more than 200 shootings.

The rising violence comes as Chicago’s police department is under investigation by the justice department for potential civil rights violations, with a focus on whether there are racial disparities in the department’s use of force.

“We need it,” Rahm Emanuel, the city’s mayor, said last year in response to the announcement of the justice department’s investigation.

http://www.unz.com/i...-been-arrested/

--

#5 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 24,337 posts

Posted 21 December 2016 - 10:06 AM

Illinois loses more residents than any other state...

Common reasons included high taxes, the state budget stalemate, crime, the unemployment rate and the weather.

More than any other city, Chicago has depended on Mexican immigrants to balance the sluggish growth of its native-born population.

States in the South and West have better job opportunities and more affordable housing. Texas, in fact, attracts the greatest number of Illinois residents

279a96e78a4b9c2869963c1e2ba5c65b.jpg

Edited by Rogerdodger, 21 December 2016 - 10:08 AM.