Douglas Trading System

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Douglas

Douglas

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,815 posts

Posted 22 August 2016 - 03:10 PM

The risk window this past Friday the 19th does not appear to have generated a quick move in either direction, so it currently looks like it may be another in the string of recent dud risk window calls unless it's just getting off to a slow start and tomorrow the market really goes down the toilet.  I'm not sure what is going on, but this string of risk window duds is very unusual.   

Given the recent string of clinkers, I really shouldn't say, but in the spirit of hope over better judgement, the next risk window for a turn or trend acceleration appears to be this coming Wednesday the 24th of August. Two days later this Friday Juice It Janet pontificates in Jackson Hole, so maybe those in the know will just be getting a jump on her market moving speech.   

The trading system was stopped out for a loss last Tuesday and is currently in cash.  It won't take much of a rally to force it back in.  Tight stops like tight shorts are a real pain in the you know what.

Regards,

Douglas

#2 thoughtpwr

thoughtpwr

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,269 posts

Posted 22 August 2016 - 04:04 PM

There is a strong Bernstein seasonal SPX buy trade that goes Buy Close 8/24 and Sell Close 8/28; with 8/28 on weekend means exit close 8/29.  Last Mon of month is normally bullish bias, so that makes sense to hold through Mon or Tues AM.  I am looking for weakness into that period.

#3 Douglas

Douglas

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,815 posts

Posted 23 August 2016 - 05:34 AM

thoughtpwr, it is interesting that you are planning to sell on Monday August 29th.  The next risk window for a turn or acceleration of the trend that my system predicts after this Wednesday is probably going to be Tuesday August 30th.  A top on the 29th would fit very well.  The real risk window fireworks are coming in September.  Just about the whole danged month is one big risk window.  I just wish my trading system would stop getting whipsawed in this flat, no mo market. 

Regards,

Douglas