Sorry if off topic

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Iblayz

Iblayz

• TT Patron+
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 13 September 2016 - 10:02 PM

Just couldn't resist. I just read an article reviewing the day's comments from senior executives including the big kahuna. Really?.....as in we had some bad apples that don't reflect what we are about. As I said........my wife was like SO MANY others who couldn't stand it any longer. Got out of there after having the same job for over thirty years and unfortunately getting stuck with these clowns due to Wachovia's collapse. Took the cash value of her pension.....moved it elsewhere and said goodbye and good riddance. This stuff was PERVASIVE, the pressure was ENORMOUS and it CAME FROM THE TOP! They are making a big deal out of the 5,300 fired since 2011 over the "unapproved" practices. OK.....so why didn't they stop this crap if they knew it was going on? Why did they wait for public humiliation to inspire change? Simple answer. MONEY and PROFITS to please Wall Street and to fatten executive and supervisor bonuses.. Employees were pushed, cajoled, threatened, ridiculed and there was no letup......FOR YEARS! Don't believe what these clowns are saying to save their image. Listen to the employees........especially the former ones who don't have to worry about their jobs and, in unison. are all saying basically what I am saying. My wife is a wonderful person. Magical personality. Hard worker. Became a friend and confidant of nearly everyone that she ever worked with. Loved by customers. A far, far better person than I could ever hope to be. I will never, ever forget when, on two different occasions......she started her car to leave for work.......and the car didn't move.....and the garage door didn't close.......so I opened the kitchen door to see what was going on.........only to see her sitting in that car with her head slumped over the steering wheel.....and she was literally crying like a baby.........because she was just minutes away from the pressure cooker. What is being said to the press is a bunch of BULL!

#2 Bernie

Bernie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 423 posts

Posted 13 September 2016 - 10:31 PM

It goes back to the eighty's. As a customer someone opened and account in my name. Then they wanted me to pay the fees. I closed all my accounts with them. Consumers have been reporting the fraud for years.  the gov't is just now checking into it . Give us a break.

#3 gannman

gannman

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,948 posts

Posted 14 September 2016 - 03:00 AM

sorry that happened to your wife Iblayz. glad she got out of there. it just makes you wonder about the people who put pressure on others to commit fraud. what kind of humans are they 

how do they sleep at night. again glad your wife got out may she be blessed

feeling mellow with the yellow metal

#4 dasein

dasein

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,696 posts

Posted 14 September 2016 - 07:59 AM

Is there a way you can tell your wife's story to the court so it can count and maybe get these guys put where they belong? normally they only lock up outsiders like Madoff and Armstrong but?

best,
klh

#5 dasein

dasein

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,696 posts

Posted 14 September 2016 - 09:14 AM

http://www.bloomberg...e-s-who-profits

best,
klh

#6 Iblayz

Iblayz

• TT Patron+
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 14 September 2016 - 09:39 AM

Karen

There is no criminal behavior that I see here. My wife doesn't want to go public. My whole point is this. These guys are now on a PR campaign to paint a picture that basically says this....."These employees do not represent who we are and were basically outliers in our ecosystem". That is NOT true. The unethical and unacceptable behavior of these employees was a DIRECT result of the unrelenting pressure to "sell, sell, sell" that permeated the entire company from TOP to bottom. Employees were afraid of losing their jobs. Yes, many wanted to leave and were looking, but it looks a whole lot better when you leave a job of your own volition that it does to be fired. Just a brief example. When all of this started (with the objectively definable internal sales goals), my wife's "sales goals" for a month were in the five to six range. Near the end of her last full quarter there, she was "counseled" about her quarterly target. It was now up to ONE HUNDRED sales (or what had become the more "acceptable" internal "solutions") per quarter from what started out in the fifteen to eighteen range. She was warned this day that she might be written up. Why? Well, with only a couple of days remaining in the quarter she ONLY HAD 97. The fact that she was warned aptly demonstrates what was going on. If employees could be and were "written up" for this.......it means that not making your "goals" was a firable offence. Some just chose to do what they had to do to keep their jobs and avoid being harassed and/or fired.

And Gannman, thanks for the sentiment expressed.

#7 Chilidawgz

Chilidawgz

A fool and his money... (the second mousie gets the cheese)

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,626 posts

Posted 14 September 2016 - 10:19 AM

I have had a Wells account for three decades. The last several years were horrid. Every time I dealt with a rep I was encouraged to open additional accounts/advisers. The up sell pressure just freaking amazed me. Quite a noticeable difference in style the last several years. I moved over to a local credit union of competent friendly employees.

Anything can happen...what's happening now?
No one can forecast the future. No one.

All stocks (ETF's) are BAD...unless they go up - William O'Neil
When The Time Comes To Buy or Sell, You Won't Want To - Walter Deemer

#8 colion

colion

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,169 posts

Posted 14 September 2016 - 11:08 AM

Sent this morning:

spacer.gif

To our valued customers,

You may have seen news recently that some Wells Fargo customers received products and services that they did not want or need.

Every day we strive to get things right. In this instance we did not – and that is simply not acceptable.

So we are making it right.

The first step we've taken is to fully reimburse any customers who were affected by these actions.

We have been making some changes to how we do business over the last several years to ensure we are always aligned with our customers' interests. To that end, the second change is to ensure Team Members in our Retail Bank are compensated on what matters most: delivering great experiences and ensuring positive outcomes – not on product sales. For more details on this, go to wellsfargo.com/commitment.

Last week's news did not reflect Wells Fargo at its best. Your trust and confidence in us is something we hold near and dear. I know I speak for our 268,000 dedicated Team Members when I thank you for giving us the opportunity to continue serving you and supporting your financial future.

Sincerely,

John Stumpf
Chairman and CEO, Wells Fargo Bank

#9 gannman

gannman

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,948 posts

Posted 14 September 2016 - 02:26 PM

i had an installment loan at one time with wells fargo. i forgot one time and was one day late. they charged me 35 bucks. i am going to call and ask for my money back. i want to see what happens 

feeling mellow with the yellow metal

#10 Charvo

Charvo

• Traders-Talk User
  • 380 posts

Posted 15 September 2016 - 03:52 AM

There is a radio host on TFNN who said he had some mysterious charges show up on his bank account.  I believe it totaled $300.  These charges were put on his account without his authorization by a Wells Fargo banker who did it to a lot of people and then just quit.  I think there is a potential for Wells Fargo to have a lot of money given back to customers if they do a thorough audit of these charges.  I heard the department that committed these fraudulent actions was responsible for $13 billion of the $23 billion in Wells Fargo's profit in 2014.  That's significant.

I wouldn't be surprised if folks go through their past bank statements to see if any unauthorized charges were on them.