Down we go.

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 prognosticator

prognosticator

• Traders-Talk User
  • 110 posts

Posted 23 September 2016 - 04:57 PM

Watch those financials folks. GS is speaking, breadth will be following and this market will soon be tanking.

#2 Charvo

Charvo

• Traders-Talk User
  • 380 posts

Posted 23 September 2016 - 08:25 PM

I think the canary in the coal mine will be EEM and the XLE.  EEM and XLE went down over 1% today.  If they break the recent lows, then there will be problems for other indices.

#3 risk_management

risk_management

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,772 posts

Posted 23 September 2016 - 08:49 PM

Totally with you.  As I mentioned before, there are multiple issues converging at the same time.  And with rates at 1.6%, there is very little meat left on the bone.  We are at the point of diminishing returns and market participants will soon recognize that.  In the end, I am expecting a lot more than just correction.

#4 risk_management

risk_management

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,772 posts

Posted 23 September 2016 - 08:50 PM

I think the canary in the coal mine will be EEM and the XLE.  EEM and XLE went down over 1% today.  If they break the recent lows, then there will be problems for other indices.

I think WTIC has a date with 36-37 and then Feb lows.

Edited by risk_management, 23 September 2016 - 08:50 PM.

#5 opinionated

opinionated

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,937 posts

Posted 24 September 2016 - 03:04 PM

looking long monday after 4-5 points down, failing top test THEN down we go.

#6 kinga200

kinga200

• TT Member+
  • 594 posts

Posted 24 September 2016 - 03:48 PM

Watch those financials folks. GS is speaking, breadth will be following and this market will soon be tanking.

#7 pedro

pedro

• Traders-Talk User
  • 767 posts

Posted 24 September 2016 - 09:50 PM

Can't post a link (behind a reg wall) but someone just posted a chart of NZ 50 over last six months.

Then Lindsay's 3p&dh schematic.

Can't say I've EVER seen a fit this tight.

#23 is already in the rear view on it.

#8 alexnewbee

alexnewbee

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,459 posts

Posted 25 September 2016 - 12:55 AM

Can't post a link (behind a reg wall) but someone just posted a chart of NZ 50 over last six months.
Then Lindsay's 3p&dh schematic.
Can't say I've EVER seen a fit this tight.
#23 is already in the rear view on it.

Yes, I have been saying it since Friday.
Target decline about 400 points
"we do G.d's work" Lloyd Blankfein

#9 andr99

andr99

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,433 posts

Posted 25 September 2016 - 08:39 AM

OK, where are the ''true experts'' ? When the market is uncertain what you can here from them is the ''loudest silence''. Loud because it speaks better than one thousand words.

When the folks need an input....it's a desert of comments from such ''true experts''.......an old story going on and on over the time. Then when the market goes up again......the usual post of the kind ''I had said it''......or more or less ''I was, per my charts, bullish''. I had said what ? I had said nothing. In any case given that I' m the only and happy ''untrue expert'' I'm going to post here now what the market should do in my opinion. The spx shouldn' t correct much more than it actually did (maybe 2150 at most) and then should break above 2200 for the last high and top to reach in Nov, possibly 2250-2300. I have said it. The site on the other hand is called ''fearless forecasters'', not ''the day after explaining'' as some ''true experts'' seem to think. If I' m wrong....at least I have said what I think about the market action.

Edited by andr99, 25 September 2016 - 08:40 AM.

forever and only a V-E-N-E-T-K-E-N - langbard

#10 alexnewbee

alexnewbee

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,459 posts

Posted 25 September 2016 - 09:31 AM

OK, where are the ''true experts'' ? When the market is uncertain what you can here from them is the ''loudest silence''. Loud because it speaks better than one thousand words.

When the folks need an input....it's a desert of comments from such ''true experts''.......an old story going on and on over the time. Then when the market goes up again......the usual post of the kind ''I had said it''......or more or less ''I was, per my charts, bullish''. I had said what ? I had said nothing. In any case given that I' m the only and happy ''untrue expert'' I'm going to post here now what the market should do in my opinion. The spx shouldn' t correct much more than it actually did (maybe 2150 at most) and then should break above 2200 for the last high and top to reach in Nov, possibly 2250-2300. I have said it. The site on the other hand is called ''fearless forecasters'', not ''the day after explaining'' as some ''true experts'' seem to think. If I' m wrong....at least I have said what I think about the market action.

this time I have to disagree with you Andr. I think we go down about 150, may be some more, points on S&P. 

After that we rally, probably. And corrently I think rally could last into next year spring, where will be the final top.

We will see shortly :)

"we do G.d's work" Lloyd Blankfein