XAU/Yahoo A/D line pm breadth advance/decline line gold stocks

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 fib_1618

fib_1618

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,144 posts

Posted 02 October 2016 - 03:42 PM

After seeing an obligatory snapback toward the previous rising trendline at the beginning of September, this month's update continues to show cumulative money flow weakness as the XAU/Yahoo advance/decline line is now at its lowest levels since June 27th. More importantly, the price of gold itself finally succumbed to this negative money flow leadership by breaking below its rising bottoms line this past week. Because of this, let's continue to look for further weakness in the price of gold for the next several weeks, with a minimal downside price objective in or around the Brexit lows of $1265.

Fib

xauyahoo093016.png

Better to ignore me than abhor me.

“Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it” - Benjamin Franklin

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance" - George Bernard Shaw

Demagogue: A leader who makes use of popular prejudices, false claims and promises in order to gain power.

Technical Watch Subscriptions

#2 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 8,998 posts

Posted 02 October 2016 - 04:10 PM

Nice, thanks Fib 

#3 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 8,998 posts

Posted 02 October 2016 - 04:10 PM

c down to finish this: perhaps a DEEP C?

#4 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,900 posts

Posted 02 October 2016 - 05:01 PM

After seeing an obligatory snapback toward the previous rising trendline at the beginning of September, this month's update continues to show cumulative money flow weakness as the XAU/Yahoo advance/decline line is now at its lowest levels since June 27th. More importantly, the price of gold itself finally succumbed to this negative money flow leadership by breaking below its rising bottoms line this past week. Because of this, let's continue to look for further weakness in the price of gold for the next several weeks, with a minimal downside price objective in or around the Brexit lows of $1265.

Fib

xauyahoo093016.png

bueno work fib and a C wave down here does appear likely in gold and some of the gold stock indices look like possible large "b" wave contracting triangles with "c" wave thrusts lower ready to accelerate lower. This eventually could lead to some great buys but how low this C wave might carry is the key Q. Could always be wrong but we should see lower very quickly IMO if the bearish scenario is correct.

BSing away

Senor

#5 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 8,998 posts

Posted 02 October 2016 - 05:21 PM

yep, i would not be surprised to see an up day monday though

#6 gannman

gannman

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,948 posts

Posted 02 October 2016 - 05:39 PM

thanks fib good stuff as always. i expect a low in the sector tomorrow. confirmation would be the hui trading about 260 would say we have started wave iii up. we will see

feeling mellow with the yellow metal

#7 AChartist

AChartist

Tim

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,800 posts

Posted 02 October 2016 - 10:06 PM

it would not take much to make an inversion up as I saw that intra-week attempted two

weeks ago. Tough call trying to hold onto my positive bias. Not relative to my physical but

do I need some options to hedge stocks and etf we'll see tomorrow I tend to believe tomorrow

sets the bias for the month. A good chance a really strong thrust day can invert it to up particularly above

last swing high.

I'm not practiced in fibs breadth methods but in a wave 2 oversold momentum

with a higher price low can be a good reversal up too.

"marxism-lennonism-communism always fails and never worked, because I know

some of them, and they don't work"  M.Jordan

#8 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,900 posts

Posted 04 October 2016 - 07:40 AM

gold just broke hard below 1300, "if" we are doing a double zigzag correction from the 1375 July high then 1280 area is where the two zigzags would be equal - that's my first key area to watch 

Pure BS

Senor

#9 stubaby

stubaby

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,658 posts

Posted 04 October 2016 - 08:04 AM

gold just broke hard below 1300, "if" we are doing a double zigzag correction from the 1375 July high then 1280 area is where the two zigzags would be equal - that's my first key area to watch 

Pure BS

Senor

Thanks SenorBS - appreciate your inputs

#10 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,900 posts

Posted 04 October 2016 - 10:06 AM

1281.50 low so far and on this leg down from 1340 area this does look like the 3rd wave of that drop so I have to assume lower prices for now and no immediate low likely. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: XAU/Yahoo A/D line, pm breadth, advance/decline line, gold stocks