the bkx monthly

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 gannman

gannman

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,948 posts

Posted 16 October 2016 - 06:18 PM

looking at the bkx starting in feb 2007 we went down for about two years into mar 09 in what i will call wave A

we have since mar 09 been doing a B wave imo which retraced .62 of the drop

according to elliott we are due for a C wave. it will arrive eventually and when it does it will be obvious

the A wave lasted almost 2 years and it would not surprise me if the C wave lasts almost two years but we will see

anyway a C wave is coming at least in my opine 

feeling mellow with the yellow metal

#2 gannman

gannman

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,948 posts

Posted 16 October 2016 - 06:30 PM

in other words the bkx is going back to its lows of 2009 around 18 and will lose about 75 % of its value from where it closed friday

#3 Charvo

Charvo

• Traders-Talk User
  • 380 posts

Posted 16 October 2016 - 10:16 PM

This is definitely an interesting assessment because it could mean negative rates are on the horizon in the USA which would be a killer for bank profits.  The European STOXX banking index is near the 2009 lows.  In the near-term, the banking index could float up into the interest rate hike in December.  I think the expectations for a hike are baked in the cake, so the Fed has to hike in December unless armageddon happens post-election.

#4 gannman

gannman

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,948 posts

Posted 17 October 2016 - 04:57 AM

i agree unless a disaster happens i would expect a hike probably .25 and a statement saying they will adopt a wait and see attitude after that. we will see