DeMark Sequential Buy Signal

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Geomean

Geomean

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 24 October 2016 - 10:56 AM

FYI, the hourly @NG chart printed a TDSEQ Countdown 13 buy signal today, at the 4.6, 2.618 and 1.272 extensions from prior pivot points. This move down from the 10/13 high (which high completed a 5 wave impluse wave) now counts well as a wave A of a flat as there are 5 waves of a minuette degree in the wave C of this downward A wave completing here. In UNG, the etf that tracks US gas,  there is a TDSEQ Buy set up signal on the hourly. The downside support area for UNG is about $8.90  Two independent Hurst analyses pin this time frame for an inflection low and are looking for a late Nov top of what would then be a Wave B, perhaps at the old high (expected target per Elliott) or slightly higher high. I have had a 10.05 area price target on UNG for months, but would exit on a DeMark Sequential Sell.

2pq6cur.jpg

Edited by Geomean, 24 October 2016 - 10:59 AM.

Opportunity knocks on your door every day-answer it.

#2 Geomean

Geomean

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 24 October 2016 - 12:00 PM

I recalculated the TD Propulsion (up) threshhold, and it is now @ 2.968

#3 SilentOne

SilentOne

• Traders-Talk User
  • 3,452 posts

Posted 24 October 2016 - 02:20 PM

See my comment today. GLGT.

http://hurstcycles.c...c-comment-title

"By the Law of Periodical Repetition, everything which has happened once must happen again and again and again-and not capriciously, but at regular periods, and each thing in its own period, not another's, and each obeying its own law ..." - Mark Twain

#4 kssmibotm

kssmibotm

• Traders-Talk User
  • 653 posts

Posted 24 October 2016 - 02:51 PM

I am long UNL.  UNG has too much rollover drag due to contango in NG futures.  UNL is a much better ETF for trading natgas.

People think the Holy Grail is something looked for but never found. In fact, it is something often found but rarely recognized.

#5 Geomean

Geomean

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 24 October 2016 - 03:17 PM

I am long UNL.  UNG has too much rollover drag due to contango in NG futures.  UNL is a much better ETF for trading natgas.

Interesting point on the contango.  I had not thought of that and rollover drag as an influence ..But at 35K share volume today, UNL is probably too low in volume for even small positions. UNG traded 7,546,630 shares today and usually had on the bid and ask what UNL took a whole day to trade.. 

#6 kssmibotm

kssmibotm

• Traders-Talk User
  • 653 posts

Posted 24 October 2016 - 03:57 PM

I generally trade 2K shares and I have no problem with fills.  If you want to play the long side, UNL is the better option as long as contango exists.  Once the futes go into backwardation, switch to UNG.  On the short side, do the opposite.

People think the Holy Grail is something looked for but never found. In fact, it is something often found but rarely recognized.

#7 SilentOne

SilentOne

• Traders-Talk User
  • 3,452 posts

Posted 24 October 2016 - 04:18 PM

More ...

http://hurstcycles.c...c-comment-title

"By the Law of Periodical Repetition, everything which has happened once must happen again and again and again-and not capriciously, but at regular periods, and each thing in its own period, not another's, and each obeying its own law ..." - Mark Twain

#8 SilentOne

SilentOne

• Traders-Talk User
  • 3,452 posts

Posted 25 October 2016 - 10:52 AM

/NG is down 18% to today's low and an 8th day down and finally someone is selling UNG. yes.gif

#9 Geomean

Geomean

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 25 October 2016 - 03:52 PM

Always best to wait for that price flip!yes.gif

#10 SilentOne

SilentOne

• Traders-Talk User
  • 3,452 posts

Posted 26 October 2016 - 08:45 AM

Switch to the Dec contract. UNG is down 15% to today's lows. 9th day down from the top. Not sure I want to look for the long trade here but if one does, tomorrow or Friday is a decent bet for a low. The problem is we don't know if the major peak we are looking for is in. Because if it is, bounces will be rather weak. GL.