• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 redfoliage2

redfoliage2

• Traders-Talk User
  • 18,000 posts

Posted 29 November 2016 - 08:47 AM

ES went down on US GDP 3.2%.

When traders unload on good news, it's a sign that ..........

Edited by redfoliage2, 29 November 2016 - 08:55 AM.

#2 redfoliage2

redfoliage2

• Traders-Talk User
  • 18,000 posts

Posted 29 November 2016 - 09:01 AM

The hype is over.  Now it's the time to sell bounces, not to buy dips.

Edited by redfoliage2, 29 November 2016 - 09:04 AM.

#3 OEXCHAOS

OEXCHAOS

Mark S. Young

• Admin
  • 22,015 posts

Posted 29 November 2016 - 09:25 AM

I'm pretty sure that you can do both in here and make out well. :) We're in the sweet spot for the year.

M

Mark S Young
Wall Street Sentiment
Get a free trial here:
http://wallstreetsen...t.com/trial.htm
You can now follow me on twitter

#4 Harapa

Harapa

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,279 posts

Posted 29 November 2016 - 09:51 AM

ST FF

SPX

Narrow range

"Technicals"favor Upside...conversely limit downside

Whipsaw potential...High...

My comments are for entertainment/educational purpose only. All posted trades are fake (aka. paper) trades.

#5 lawdog

lawdog

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,080 posts

Posted 29 November 2016 - 10:01 AM

net, net the upside days will trump the down, leading to higher highs; but the easy money has probably been made.  if you are clever enough to know when to sell rallies and buy dips it doesn't matter what the net result is. i'm not clever enough to get those right very often, so i will stay with the trend up for now, though keeping some powder dry, as louis rukyser used to recommend.

#6 redfoliage2

redfoliage2

• Traders-Talk User
  • 18,000 posts

Posted 29 November 2016 - 10:08 AM

I'm pretty sure that you can do both in here and make out well. smile.png We're in the sweet spot for the year.

M

ST may be.  But longer term this the top price to sell......

VST this is a sell for the week.  SPX just dropped out of the ST uptrend channel.......

Edited by redfoliage2, 29 November 2016 - 10:18 AM.

#7 cycletimer

cycletimer

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,620 posts

Posted 29 November 2016 - 11:07 AM

Now is THE BEST time for credit spreads due to the chop and the premium erosion.  One could initiate an Iron Condor if one so chooses.  On sell-offs, sell put spreads below the market and and on ramps like this intra-day recovery, sell call spreads above the market.   

My spreads expire on Dec 16th and I'm 99% likely to close them prior to FOMC decision.  Either way, it's easy money this month. 

#8 redfoliage2

redfoliage2

• Traders-Talk User
  • 18,000 posts

Posted 29 November 2016 - 12:56 PM

Now is THE BEST time for credit spreads due to the chop and the premium erosion.  One could initiate an Iron Condor if one so chooses.  On sell-offs, sell put spreads below the market and and on ramps like this intra-day recovery, sell call spreads above the market.   

My spreads expire on Dec 16th and I'm 99% likely to close them prior to FOMC decision.  Either way, it's easy money this month. 

I'd do it only with call spreads at this price level, especially in this week before a potential BLack Swan over the weekend.

#9 OEXCHAOS

OEXCHAOS

Mark S. Young

• Admin
  • 22,015 posts

Posted 29 November 2016 - 02:18 PM

I'd do it only with call spreads at this price level, especially in this week before a potential BLack Swan over the weekend.

Commercial paper says that there's nothing to worry about.

I'm of the opinion that we have little to worry about until the economic news starts getting good.

Mark

Mark S Young
Wall Street Sentiment
Get a free trial here:
http://wallstreetsen...t.com/trial.htm
You can now follow me on twitter

#10 redfoliage2

redfoliage2

• Traders-Talk User
  • 18,000 posts

Posted 29 November 2016 - 03:29 PM

Commercial paper says that there's nothing to worry about.

I'm of the opinion that we have little to worry about until the economic news starts getting good.

Mark
The 8 year bull market was created and maintained by the Fed liquidity, not by decent economic growth. With the Fed starting tightening it's .....

Edited by redfoliage2, 29 November 2016 - 03:39 PM.