Been waiting for this.

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Geomean

Geomean

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 02 December 2016 - 02:10 PM

A number of the gold miner indexes printed DeMark Sequential countdown 13 buy signals on the daily charts yesterday as well as the hourly.  Gold itself printed a TD Sequential 13 buy signal (Perl's settings) 5 days ago, but it did not appear that the ending diagonal pattern was complete and it had not hit the target price area of C=A * 1.618 = 1169.1. to 1154. A TD Combo 12 countdown occurred yesterday in @GC.  Commodities often turn after a 12 countdown print of the TD Combination™ signal.

GDX, which is a good proxy for the group would have a TD Price flip (low risk entry) buy trigger (i.e. a close higher than the close 4 days prior) on the daily chart if it closes at 21.40 or higher today.  It is currently trading at 21.44.  It's initial wave appears to have been a barrier triangle, with 13's printing at key inflection bottoms.

GDX's move up so far counts well as impulsive, which permits some tight stops if the move down is not yet complete.

Regardless whether the absolute bottom is in, the main and alternative counts for Gold and a cycle analysis all suggest gold will make a multi-month five wave climb (Wave 3 or C?) next toward a high above the July 2016 highs.

Edited by Geomean, 02 December 2016 - 02:14 PM.

Opportunity knocks on your door every day-answer it.

#2 pisces

pisces

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,179 posts

Posted 02 December 2016 - 10:49 PM

A number of the gold miner indexes printed DeMark Sequential countdown 13 buy signals on the daily charts yesterday as well as the hourly.  Gold itself printed a TD Sequential 13 buy signal (Perl's settings) 5 days ago, but it did not appear that the ending diagonal pattern was complete and it had not hit the target price area of C=A * 1.618 = 1169.1. to 1154. A TD Combo 12 countdown occurred yesterday in @GC.  Commodities often turn after a 12 countdown print of the TD Combination™ signal.

GDX, which is a good proxy for the group would have a TD Price flip (low risk entry) buy trigger (i.e. a close higher than the close 4 days prior) on the daily chart if it closes at 21.40 or higher today.  It is currently trading at 21.44.  It's initial wave appears to have been a barrier triangle, with 13's printing at key inflection bottoms.

GDX's move up so far counts well as impulsive, which permits some tight stops if the move down is not yet complete.

Regardless whether the absolute bottom is in, the main and alternative counts for Gold and a cycle analysis all suggest gold will make a multi-month five wave climb (Wave 3 or C?) next toward a high above the July 2016 highs.

GEO thanks for all the input you are providing here ,  it is appreciated zorro.gif

#3 thoughtpwr

thoughtpwr

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,269 posts

Posted 03 December 2016 - 12:27 PM

One stock that Schaeffer highlighted about a month ago was AG, which has been forming a bottom above 7.5 all the time GLD has been bouncing off of GLD 118 and then cratering to GLD 111. It appears to be breaking out after Friday. I had used a straddle that was cheap to get in early (apparently) at 10/28, but my Jan straddle has been neutral or positive for most of the last month. This stock looks like it has formed a bottom while the rest of the gold-silver complex has apparently been trying to form a bottom. It may be a lower risk entry substitute for GDX. I added an Aprl 8 call today, to go out in time further. I suspect we are in wave 1 of larger degree 3, which fits with a low in 5-6 weeks (which others have alluded to on this site) after a consolidation from a peak that goes to about 12-13. This stock may have made 1/2 of its wave 1 move already with nearly $1 move today.

#4 Geomean

Geomean

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 05 December 2016 - 12:05 PM

GEO thanks for all the input you are providing here ,  it is appreciated zorro.gif

Happy to contribute when I can.  It's interesting, as I learn EW Theory, to see how it relates to DeMark's indicators.  I'm much more likely now to hold off on reporting a DeMark signal if I don't see an EW pattern potentially completing at the same time.  It's also interesting to see how with some instruments that DeMark's Set Up, and Sequential and Combo countdowns, and various settings for each (with or without the intersection qualifiers) can hit at the end of each wave, indicating an exhaustion, albeit sometmes short term, of a particular wave.  Since this is potentially a major inflection area, I wanted to report the prints.

A close today below 1176.1 (last Thursday's @ GC close) would trigger a 13 in the TD Combo on the daily chart.

It's also interesting that the spike down this am bounced off the lower line of the diagonal that can be drawn from the 8/2 high, as well as the lower diagonal line on the hourly chart for the completion of an ending diagonal.

We'll see,

Edited by Geomean, 05 December 2016 - 12:13 PM.

#5 Geomean

Geomean

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 05 December 2016 - 12:56 PM

One stock that Schaeffer highlighted about a month ago was AG, which has been forming a bottom above 7.5 all the time GLD has been bouncing off of GLD 118 and then cratering to GLD 111. It appears to be breaking out after Friday. I had used a straddle that was cheap to get in early (apparently) at 10/28, but my Jan straddle has been neutral or positive for most of the last month. This stock looks like it has formed a bottom while the rest of the gold-silver complex has apparently been trying to form a bottom. It may be a lower risk entry substitute for GDX. I added an Aprl 8 call today, to go out in time further. I suspect we are in wave 1 of larger degree 3, which fits with a low in 5-6 weeks (which others have alluded to on this site) after a consolidation from a peak that goes to about 12-13. This stock may have made 1/2 of its wave 1 move already with nearly $1 move today.

I've never looked at AG before.  An entry 10/28 was excellent, and patience could win the day.  My chart shows a TD Price projection initially @ 11.34 and a TD D-Wave projection @ 11 for this leg up.  Short term my chart prints a butterfly pattern, which may be the start of a minor two, of a 1-2, 1-2.  If this is the start of Primary Wave 3, then this intermediate wave 1 should carry above the old July high, perhaps to the .786 fib extension of the initial Primary waves 1&2, or about 20.46 by late Feb to March.  I've been trading in and out of MUX, NUGT, GDX, USLV, & GDXJ long since Oct 28 and increased my exposure late last week and this am.  I'd hope to be able mentally to sit through all of a Primary Wave 3 (or a C) until then (the hard part!! ;-)