• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,144 posts

Posted 03 December 2016 - 10:16 AM

(in my best whisper tone...) "breakout"

Fib

xauyahoo120216.png

Better to ignore me than abhor me.

“Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it” - Benjamin Franklin

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance" - George Bernard Shaw

Demagogue: A leader who makes use of popular prejudices, false claims and promises in order to gain power.

Technical Watch Subscriptions

#2 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,900 posts

Posted 03 December 2016 - 10:31 AM

Once again a picture is worth a million words! Awesome chart with those divergences and now we have "internals" LEADING price as we have had gold stocks diverging and LEADING gold. There are never any sure things or guarantees as it is all about ODDS, but IMO the ODDS that a major secondary bottom is forming and that final lows might be in place are about as good as it gets. I have no problem with those who want to wait for more "price" confirmation and that why I am still only about 15% long, but the weight of evidence IMO is decidedly bullish. And once again muchos gracias for a GREAT chart.

NO BS

Senor

#3 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,900 posts

Posted 03 December 2016 - 02:00 PM

Senor is curious Fib, is this enough for you to have a buy signal for gold stocks?

Senor

#4 SilentOne

SilentOne

• Traders-Talk User
  • 3,452 posts

Posted 03 December 2016 - 02:05 PM

Nice Work Fib,

Posted yesterday.

We have a short term buy signal for the $XAU based on the 20 day FLD today. The larger cycle lows are pending as shown above and are due to come in at anytime. Price action will confirm the annual cycle low (48 week cycle).

cheers,
john

http://forum.hurstcy...ent-support/303

"By the Law of Periodical Repetition, everything which has happened once must happen again and again and again-and not capriciously, but at regular periods, and each thing in its own period, not another's, and each obeying its own law ..." - Mark Twain

#5 Russ

Russ

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,173 posts

Posted 03 December 2016 - 09:56 PM

GDXADP, gives a similar result on stockcharts.com but it is not as clean as the xau chart.

"Nulla tenaci invia est via" - Latin for "For the tenacious, no road is impossible".
"In order to master the markets, you must first master yourself" ... JP Morgan
"Most people lose money because they cannot admit they are wrong"... Martin Armstrong

http://marketvisions.blogspot.com/

#6 johngeorge

johngeorge

• TT Member+
  • 4,616 posts

Posted 04 December 2016 - 10:05 AM

Wonderful chart............as usual.  flowers.gif  Thanks Fib

From my FWIW department both HUI and XAU PnF charts are on a buy.

Peace
johngeorge

#7 AChartist

AChartist

Tim

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,800 posts

Posted 04 December 2016 - 12:48 PM

I want to go back to my original premises, I dont want to screw with this thing, upon what is coming there

are many reasons trading mistakes can leave one depopulated overnight. You will see in several months.

So I was late to the paper gold and bought in the first pause of the 2016 ramp, that position stayed positive but

lost most the huge gains. Two beginning positions turned negative quite a bit. I never thought I would buy chinese pandas

at 1181 again but my lowest paid was 1133 for bullion. I did transition stock funds over to the gold funds just about right

for selling stock with the Sep lower highs but got hurt in the Oct gold stock drop because I direct exchanged when I should have parked

in cash just for two weeks. To many ways to make short term trading mistakes can break the confidence so I correctly said

I dont care this is about buy and hold for all the marbles. I added tremendously with Oct gold crash and we do see advance decline

up since then.

Think about it, fake new work bullion manipulation to run the obama fiat ponzie just one more lost election,

just exported all of it for the global arbitrage, the west is emptied of physical, except me, that is a strong position.

What i am going to do is margin up the paper account with advances. If there is a dip in 5-6 weeks, or a bad dip, I will take it and meet

margin calls. This dip in 5-6 weeks is there in my cycles will be at least a time pause, some short term puts can help the risk and meet

any margin calls. But on the other hand a huge move for two weeks now, can profoundly lock in broader bottoming cycles.

"marxism-lennonism-communism always fails and never worked, because I know

some of them, and they don't work"  M.Jordan

#8 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,595 posts

Posted 04 December 2016 - 08:03 PM

fib, i appreciate the simplicity of your work. thanks
dharma

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: xauyahoo a/d line, breakout