• 2,179 posts

Posted 05 December 2016 - 09:03 AM

it is all up to the street. they do whatever they want. bears are all dead

#3 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 26,761 posts

Posted 05 December 2016 - 09:54 AM

My guess is this is the last "end of uncertainty" pop for a while.

I expect this one will peter out fairly quickly, and be much less powerful then the prior 2.

Then, I would look for decent decline into Jan/Feb time frame, and then one last ramp up into Apr/May.

For the short term, would be looking to short any hourly sell signal now...

Still watching Naz Comp 5240 for first signs of real weakness. My guess is that will be the first major pivot to break, signaling the post election pop is finally done....possible ramp up towards 5330-40 to put in right shoulder before rollover.

I do think the Naz is mostly likely the best place to try shorts going forward....assuming it runs out of gas in the next 50 points or so......

The strength of Government lies in the people's ignorance, and the Government knows this, and will therefore always oppose true enlightenment. - Leo Tolstoy

#4 pisces

pisces

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,179 posts

Posted 05 December 2016 - 10:39 AM

My guess is this is the last "end of uncertainty" pop for a while.

I expect this one will peter out fairly quickly, and be much less powerful then the prior 2.

Then, I would look for decent decline into Jan/Feb time frame, and then one last ramp up into Apr/May.

For the short term, would be looking to short any hourly sell signal now...

Still watching Naz Comp 5240 for first signs of real weakness. My guess is that will be the first major pivot to break, signaling the post election pop is finally done....possible ramp up towards 5330-40 to put in right shoulder before rollover.

I do think the Naz is mostly likely the best place to try shorts going forward....assuming it runs out of gas in the next 50 points or so......

i think we have seen THE low till yearend and need to be extremely careful with shorts here.zorro.gif

#5 gm_general

gm_general

• TT Member+
  • 1,653 posts

Posted 05 December 2016 - 02:52 PM

I am reminded of an experiment:

http://www.wisdompil...nkeys-a-ladder/

#6 qqqqtrdr

qqqqtrdr

• Traders-Talk User
  • 3,219 posts

Posted 05 December 2016 - 03:47 PM

Rydex Assets shows the number of bears by asset at an 18 month low and bulls close to a 18 month high.   From a Sentiment viewpoints everyone is too Bullish...   Does not mean we won't get a Santa Claus Rally, but it usually is preceded by a sell off...

Edited by qqqqtrdr, 05 December 2016 - 03:47 PM.

#7 pisces

pisces

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,179 posts

Posted 05 December 2016 - 05:02 PM

Rydex Assets shows the number of bears by asset at an 18 month low and bulls close to a 18 month high.   From a Sentiment viewpoints everyone is too Bullish...   Does not mean we won't get a Santa Claus Rally, but it usually is preceded by a sell off...

I firmly believe the Santa Rally will be followed  but not preceded by a selloff , but as always time will tell  ! zorro.gif

#8 OEXCHAOS

OEXCHAOS

Mark S. Young

• Admin
  • 22,020 posts

Posted 06 December 2016 - 05:21 PM

SH agrees with you, but I'm not seeing really the right sentiment set up. I suspect that we may be seeing more a "point of recognition" type of situation, rather than over-exuberance.

In any case, we have to wait for it to stop going up before we can look for it to go down!

Mark

Mark S Young
Wall Street Sentiment
Get a free trial here:
http://wallstreetsen...t.com/trial.htm
You can now follow me on twitter