what happens if they rise rates ?

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 andr99

andr99

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,389 posts

Posted 09 December 2016 - 01:36 AM

europe is going up vertically and that is not good for the longer term because this behaviour is the prelude to topping.......let's see when, but it might be soon 

forever and only a V-E-N-E-T-K-E-N - langbard

#2 da_cheif

da_cheif

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,960 posts

Posted 09 December 2016 - 05:27 AM

europe is going up vertically and that is not good for the longer term because this behaviour is the prelude to topping.......let's see when, but it might be soon 

you worry to much

#3 tommyt

tommyt

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,136 posts

Posted 09 December 2016 - 09:25 AM

its a done deal, they ARE raising rates next week and the market knows it. The open market raised rates 3 times already with the 10 yr going from 1.70 to 2.50. ..this is a different game going on now. Buy dips till they start failing or the landscape changes.

Edited by tommyt, 09 December 2016 - 09:25 AM.

#4 Data

Data

• Validating
  • 2,618 posts

Posted 09 December 2016 - 09:46 AM

It's a different situation from last year.  The US dollar was rising and crude oil was in a sharp decline, which necessitated the selling of US assets by some foreign governments to offset the revenue decline.  Together with the US government returning to the debt market  upon the lifting of the debt ceiling, there was much more supply than the $160B/mo run rate of QE for about three months.  The next debt ceiling is in March 17, 2017.  The government has unlimited borrowing authority until that date so the heavy issurance may precede that date as well as after.

#5 pdx5

pdx5

I want return OF my money more than return ON my money

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,521 posts

Posted 09 December 2016 - 10:03 AM

Trump bull market should go on for quite long time. Might have a speed bump in January then on to higher highs....

You people in Europe, do not misunderestimate the Trump effect on attitudes here in US. Consumer confidence is going up.

"Money cannot consistently be made trading every day or every week during the year." ~ Jesse Livermore Trading Rule

#6 da_cheif

da_cheif

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,960 posts

Posted 09 December 2016 - 10:38 AM

trump bull ,mkt?    what was that what started in 09?  chopped liver?

#7 andr99

andr99

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,389 posts

Posted 09 December 2016 - 12:38 PM

its a done deal, they ARE raising rates next week and the market knows it. The open market raised rates 3 times already with the 10 yr going from 1.70 to 2.50. ..this is a different game going on now. Buy dips till they start failing or the landscape changes.

what I think : I agree that they are going to rise 0.25% and everyone knows it. Translated into the stock market, at least looking at Europe, I' m seeing it down until the day they rise which is mid dec then up into year end and then......top. Won' t America top with Europe at year end or early jan ? I wouldn' t bet on a bullish continuation later than I said....

Edited by andr99, 09 December 2016 - 12:40 PM.

#8 andr99

andr99

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,389 posts

Posted 09 December 2016 - 12:39 PM

sorry, double post....

Edited by andr99, 09 December 2016 - 12:40 PM.

#9 pdx5

pdx5

I want return OF my money more than return ON my money

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,521 posts

Posted 09 December 2016 - 03:38 PM

trump bull ,mkt?    what was that what started in 09?  chopped liver?

Yes absolutely chopped liver also known as ZIRP. No place to get yield for 8 long years.

Seniors and savers are getting hammered. Forced to spend principle to survive.

Now the Trump bull will stampede IN SPITE of rising rates.

"Money cannot consistently be made trading every day or every week during the year." ~ Jesse Livermore Trading Rule

#10 fib_1618

fib_1618

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,144 posts

Posted 09 December 2016 - 03:42 PM

I agree that they are going to rise 0.25% and everyone knows it.

More like a half a point...anything lower would be a surprise and gold would skyrocket.

Fib

Better to ignore me than abhor me.

“Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it” - Benjamin Franklin

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance" - George Bernard Shaw

Demagogue: A leader who makes use of popular prejudices, false claims and promises in order to gain power.

Technical Watch Subscriptions