xauyahoo a/d line precious metals snapback

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 fib_1618

fib_1618

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,145 posts

Posted 10 December 2016 - 11:21 AM

(in my best whisper tone)..."snapback complete".

Fib

xauyahoo120916.png

Better to ignore me than abhor me.

“Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it” - Benjamin Franklin

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance" - George Bernard Shaw

Demagogue: A leader who makes use of popular prejudices, false claims and promises in order to gain power.

Technical Watch Subscriptions

#2 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,939 posts

Posted 10 December 2016 - 12:30 PM

Fib

xauyahoo120916.png

interesting how well the gold stock internals have been. If and I stress "if" these and other technical divergences hold the potential low we make here could easily be as good or better than last yrs Jan lows buy. Could be one helluva wave dos low, but we can't rule out the breakdown potential either, next week with the Fed meeting and how we closed this week may tell one of the more important chapters of this unfolding story

Senor

#3 fib_1618

fib_1618

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,145 posts

Posted 10 December 2016 - 02:34 PM

The timing of next week's FED meeting seems to be one of those important confluence points since...

Gold has a propensity of seeing price bottoms late in the 4th quarter;

Daily prices continue to have below average/low volume declines over the last two weeks indicating selling exhaustion;

The price of silver continues to diverge with the recent weakness in the yellow metal;

The PM breadth McClellan Summation Index is now rising and challenging its reaction highs from its October lows at the -300 level;

And above all else the compressed rising divergent angle ascent of the XAU/Yahoo A/D line suggests a large move is imminent;

On the cautious side...the .618 retracement level of $1171-$1173 was broken on Friday, but that could had been the final capitulation point.

Anyway...everything seems to be leading up to a final scrimmage between those who believe this to be corrective and those of bear market continuation.

Fib

Better to ignore me than abhor me.

“Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it” - Benjamin Franklin

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance" - George Bernard Shaw

Demagogue: A leader who makes use of popular prejudices, false claims and promises in order to gain power.

Technical Watch Subscriptions

#4 MDurkin

MDurkin

• Traders-Talk User
  • 638 posts

Posted 10 December 2016 - 04:34 PM

Thanks Dave.

#5 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,939 posts

Posted 10 December 2016 - 05:14 PM

The timing of next week's FED meeting seems to be one of those important confluence points since...

Gold has a propensity of seeing price bottoms late in the 4th quarter;

Daily prices continue to have below average/low volume declines over the last two weeks indicating selling exhaustion;

The price of silver continues to diverge with the recent weakness in the yellow metal;

The PM breadth McClellan Summation Index is now rising and challenging its reaction highs from its October lows at the -300 level;

And above all else the compressed rising divergent angle ascent of the XAU/Yahoo A/D line suggests a large move is imminent;

On the cautious side...the .618 retracement level of $1171-$1173 was broken on Friday, but that could had been the final capitulation point.

Anyway...everything seems to be leading up to a final scrimmage between those who believe this to be corrective and "

"Anyway...everything seems to be leading up to a final scrimmage between those who believe this to be corrective and those of bear market continuation"

Couldn't agree more and exactly the way I see it

NO BS

Senor

#6 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,611 posts

Posted 11 December 2016 - 12:18 PM

well said guys, now its the moment of truth.
dharma

#7 Russ

Russ

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,193 posts

Posted 11 December 2016 - 06:34 PM

Thanks for the update and last but not least don't forget that gap of 1157.80 , closed at 1157.50 on Friday.

Gold Futures - Feb 17 (GCG7) http://www.investing...ommodities/gold

"Nulla tenaci invia est via" - Latin for "For the tenacious, no road is impossible".
"In order to master the markets, you must first master yourself" ... JP Morgan
"Most people lose money because they cannot admit they are wrong"... Martin Armstrong

http://marketvisions.blogspot.com/

#8 Russ

Russ

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,193 posts

Posted 11 December 2016 - 06:46 PM

Good article here too... http://seekingalpha....b5ec164be6&dr=1

"Nulla tenaci invia est via" - Latin for "For the tenacious, no road is impossible".
"Most people lose money because they cannot admit they are wrong"... Martin Armstrong

#9 Russ

Russ

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,193 posts

Posted 11 December 2016 - 11:13 PM

notice the divergence on the oscillators on this slightly different chart of gold miner's volume a/d percent...

#10 gismeu

gismeu

• Traders-Talk User
  • 908 posts

Posted 12 December 2016 - 09:05 PM

Fib

xauyahoo120916.png

Hello Fib,

could you please (or maybe somebody else) teach me how to make/draw a chart like that? With a cumulative A/D line?

many thanks, gis

If you can't buy Happiness, STEAL IT!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: xauyahoo, a/d line, precious metals, snapback