wave 3

• Please log in to reply
157 replies to this topic

#141 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,872 posts

Posted 13 February 2017 - 08:11 PM

Crazy turmoil for sure as Greece could ditch EU currency for US DOLLAR...

Athens is so desperate, it is prepared to tie itself to the dollar on the same terms as the likes of Puerto Rico if it means being able to quit the eurozone.

Tying Greece temporarily to the US dollar would be one way for the authorities in Athens to ensure that its currency does not completely tank if it leaves the eurozone, as would likely occur with a reissued drachma.

Edited by Rogerdodger, 13 February 2017 - 08:13 PM.

#142 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,616 posts

Posted 14 February 2017 - 11:04 AM

interesting on greece, thanks roger. sure looks like the euro is going to come apart
on a 3 hr chart, gold is in a bull wedge here
http://www.cnbc.com/...n-gold-ubs.htmlubs and schnider are heavy weight banksters
so hearing the bank is bullish gives some folks confidence. i take em all w/a grain of salt which side are they really on?????
as long as we continue to not make new lows. gold and the miners are strong. the fed will remain behind the curve. thus ,STAGFLATION!
this next leg could see the 1306ish area. as schnider suggests. but it is my thinking as well
sitting and waiting
dharma

#143 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,616 posts

Posted 14 February 2017 - 12:37 PM

having connectivity issues
so on hold
while on hold i read jim rogers
http://www.gold-eagl...ld-bullion-dips
dharma

#144 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,616 posts

Posted 14 February 2017 - 03:18 PM

did some light buying, take out todays lows and i am gone from what i just bought
dharma

#145 johngeorge

johngeorge

• TT Member+
  • 4,616 posts

Posted 14 February 2017 - 11:04 PM

Did some buying myself today and, yes, if today's lows are taken out so am I.  Will see as perhaps my target of 1325 for this rally won't be.  For now sitting and watching works for me. 

Peace
johngeorge

#146 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,872 posts

Posted 15 February 2017 - 01:06 AM

1220 looks so obvious. RSI needs to stay above its mid-line.

#147 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,872 posts

Posted 15 February 2017 - 10:07 AM

Buyers were waiting! t24_gold_en_usoz_home_262_130.gif

#148 johngeorge

johngeorge

• TT Member+
  • 4,616 posts

Posted 15 February 2017 - 10:36 AM

Rogerdodger

Looks like they were waiting to buy mine as I sold this am for a small loss what I bought yesterday.  Back to watchful waiting.

Peace
johngeorge

#149 johngeorge

johngeorge

• TT Member+
  • 4,616 posts

Posted 15 February 2017 - 11:01 AM

Rogerdodger

"1220 looks so obvious"

Great call!  Interest rates moving higher today along with the dollar.  Headwinds for gold.

Peace
johngeorge

#150 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,616 posts

Posted 15 February 2017 - 11:24 AM

i didnt get stopped out, what i bought has barely budged.
while not much attention is being paid to sharia, i think it is going to be very important. and now gld is sharia approved and compliant http://www.reuters.c...finance-gold...
morgan stanley has turned bullish on the indian stock market which has had a big decline
"Michael Mullen, chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff from 2007 to 2011, has long warned that debt is America's main national security threat." - Barron's, Feb 15, 2017.
"Inflation is going to accelerate faster than the Fed is going to hike rates; that's good for real assets. On top of it, we are looking for weak dollar on broad basis; that combination has a good tendency to boost gold prices" - Dominic Schnider, UBS Master Economist, Feb 14, 2017.
while i think gold is going higher in the long to intermediate term, i do think there is a monster dollar rally going to happen at some point. which will cause huge problems
gold is still in the bull wedge, it should break out to the upside soon. then we see where this goes
for now i have the popcorn and sitting at the edge of my seat. gold is well supported here. gld is back to holding 840 tonnes.
dharma