• Please log in to reply
157 replies to this topic

#151 johngeorge

johngeorge

• TT Member+
  • 4,616 posts

Posted 15 February 2017 - 12:07 PM

dharma

"gold is still in the bull wedge, it should break out to the upside soon."  Looks like now it could be that breakout.

So much for the headwinds as the dollar is now falling against the yen.  Gold moving higher and PM stocks doing likewise.  Will need to get back in at some point..........juggle.gif   February could well turn out to be a very good month indeed for gold and PM stocks.  

Peace
johngeorge

#152 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,000 posts

Posted 15 February 2017 - 03:15 PM

interest rate hikes are in the cards IMO and with it the USD should strengthen. Headwinds? Cant say.

golds anemic response to the obvious deep state machinations to me is odd

#153 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,000 posts

Posted 15 February 2017 - 03:19 PM

gold appears to have done a nice abc down from Feb 8

#154 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,595 posts

Posted 15 February 2017 - 04:08 PM

bingo. and it looks complete. we should be ready to advance. silver above resistance too.
raising rates doesnt necessarily mean a rising dollar. a rising dollar will hurt multi nationals. volcker raises rates into the
sky , it never slowed gold down. coming to conclusions w/o considering the whole picture could be hazardous to ones financial health
alot of 3rd world countries have borrowed in dollars, and i do think the dollar could run at some point , will cause all kinds of
problems in the system, especially since these countries are expected to repay their loans. watching greece as a sort of lead. in
spite of greece letting germany off the hook after ww2 , the germans did not take that stance towards greece, which is in depression
mode. what will they do? and i suspect most debtors are in that situation. its a whole new playing field. its all playing w/confetti
what is the confetti going to be worth? each currency wants to be the cheapest so exports are desirable.
get ready , this is going to get interesting
dharma

#155 jabat

jabat

• Traders-Talk User
  • 604 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 10:17 AM

Current EW count from other site

https://www.tradingv...com/x/KHcDN4Ej/

#156 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,595 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 10:55 AM

yes, that count is a possibility. coming up to resistance soon.
will continue this thread a new
dharma

#157 diogenes227

diogenes227

• TT Patron+
  • 5,120 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 07:44 PM

Once again, the buy on NUGT is for Friday:

Yellow Gold Stocks

"If you've heard this story before, don't stop me because I'd like to hear it again," Groucho Marx (on market history?).

“I've learned in options trading simple is best and the obvious is often the most elusive to recognize.”

"The god of trading rewards persistence, experience and discipline, and absolutely nothing else."

#158 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,901 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 07:59 PM

Current EW count from other site

https://www.tradingv...com/x/KHcDN4Ej/

yep, that is the bull count very few expect, but it is certainly viable

Senor