• Please log in to reply
157 replies to this topic

#41 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,595 posts

Posted 18 January 2017 - 04:18 PM

and also stu baby's take
what i find interesting is in 4 of the last 5 years the lows for the year have occurred in december. setting the market up to rally
of course i say that and next year will be different. but so far it looks like dec 16 is the 2ndary , higher low for the market.
as dec 15 was the primary low. i do think 17 will be a better year for the miners than 16 was.
anyway
dharma

#42 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,595 posts

Posted 19 January 2017 - 11:20 AM

i am coming around to thinking we finished an impulse and now we are finishing a correction. if so, we should blaze out of here
tomorrow
i posted yesterday that the situation in india has normalized to a certain extent . ie , gold buying is returning to normal. gold
buying is very much a big part of their religion and customs.
dharma

#43 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,901 posts

Posted 19 January 2017 - 11:43 AM

so far the rally has been met w/skepticism by the bulls and the bears. which sets up interesting possibilities
here is avi gilberts latest counts. https://www.elliottw...1701151469.html
this could set up a situation where folks chase.
like to hear senors take on these counts. if he is around
dharma

pretty much agree and those are the counts I have had for a while. Only thing I will add is that the rally to last years highs could have been ab "A" vs a "1" and this current leg up is a C as opposed to a 3. I favor the 3 count but in any case it does imply a rally above last years highs and for now that works for this hombre! Also this current "ii" probably needs a bit more in retracement mode both basis price and time, but the surprise could be how shallow it is, we see

NO BS

Senor

#44 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,595 posts

Posted 19 January 2017 - 12:16 PM

so far the rally has been met w/skepticism by the bulls and the bears. which sets up interesting possibilities
here is avi gilberts latest counts. https://www.elliottw...1701151469.html
this could set up a situation where folks chase.
like to hear senors take on these counts. if he is around
dharma

pretty much agree and those are the counts I have had for a while. Only thing I will add is that the rally to last years highs could have been ab "A" vs a "1" and this current leg up is a C as opposed to a 3. I favor the 3 count but in any case it does imply a rally above last years highs and for now that works for this hombre! Also this current "ii" probably needs a bit more in retracement mode both basis price and time, but the surprise could be how shallow it is, we see

NO BS

Senor

thanks for your input.if we pullback to the 1153 level before feb1 i will just buy. if we rocket out of here i will buy . yes, i am in buy mode
dharma
gdx and gdxj both have daily divergences from overbought

Edited by dharma, 19 January 2017 - 12:22 PM.

#45 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 8,999 posts

Posted 19 January 2017 - 12:16 PM

The abc count is my fav here.

#46 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,595 posts

Posted 19 January 2017 - 04:01 PM

i am not familiar w/charles nenner http://usawatchdog.c...to-danger-zone/
dharma
i do think 17 will be a pivotal year. gann had years ending in 7 as poor stock market years. on the 70s fractal 17 ws a better
year than 16 . i think that will be the case.
dharma

#47 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,595 posts

Posted 20 January 2017 - 10:34 AM

inauguration day.
i believe we are at the point in time where we transition from deflation to inflation. rate hikes help w/that. banks have little to
no incentive to lend out the giant money ball they received w/qe at 0 rates. w/time inflation will be more and more apparent. i
look for money velocity to turn up mid year. i did some light buying yesterday. it seems to me the correction has run its course
we shall see
dharma

#48 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,595 posts

Posted 20 January 2017 - 12:11 PM

thought this was interesting http://www.gold-eagl...tion-years-1974
dharma

#49 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,901 posts

Posted 20 January 2017 - 02:46 PM

gotta wonder if we have done a very shallow wave 2 and we could just keep rallying? Will hold core longs and buy a further dip "if" (big if) it occurs next week. I have next resistance near GDX 25

Senor

#50 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,595 posts

Posted 20 January 2017 - 04:56 PM

gotta wonder if we have done a very shallow wave 2 and we could just keep rallying? Will hold core longs and buy a further dip "if" (big if) it occurs next week. I have next resistance near GDX 25

Senor

yes, that is what i am thinking here. it is a substandard wave 2 . the cots are very bullish the commercials have reduced their short positions
and as a % of open interest it is at the lower end of the range for a bull market.. i see the cots as bullish http://news.goldseek.../1484945033.php
dharma

Edited by dharma, 20 January 2017 - 04:56 PM.