Cable Going on Sale Tomorrow

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Douglas

Douglas

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,815 posts

Posted 15 January 2017 - 04:44 PM

If reports this weekend about the PM May's speech to be delivered Tuesday are correct, the British Pound should really go on sale.  Previously I tried encouraging everyone to visit Blighty while it was cheap.  It looks like it's going to get even cheaper.  The best ale on this green earth, almost as cheap as bottled water in the States, and more old stuff in one small village than exists in the entire US awaits.  The best part is everyone speaks English (not American as I'm constantly reminded). The weather now is dreadful, but after a few pints you won't even feel the cold or notice the rain.  Dollar pairity here we come.

Regards,

Douglas

#2 ryanoo

ryanoo

• Traders-Talk User
  • 660 posts

Posted 15 January 2017 - 05:19 PM

Maybe see you in London this summer.  yes.gif

#3 kssmibotm

kssmibotm

• Traders-Talk User
  • 653 posts

Posted 15 January 2017 - 05:49 PM

Going to do a British Isles cruise and spend a week in London this summer.  I have been waiting for the pound to go on sale, and I am going to take full advantage.

People think the Holy Grail is something looked for but never found. In fact, it is something often found but rarely recognized.

#4 Douglas

Douglas

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,815 posts

Posted 15 January 2017 - 07:17 PM

At-a-boy!  We need the business and bucks here to keep things humming so Ms. May can negotiate from strength. London's wonderful, but don't forget to see some of the small villages and countryside where you'll find the real heart of England beating. 

Regards,

Douglas

#5 kssmibotm

kssmibotm

• Traders-Talk User
  • 653 posts

Posted 15 January 2017 - 07:55 PM

I will get a Britrail pass and take some trips into the countryside.

People think the Holy Grail is something looked for but never found. In fact, it is something often found but rarely recognized.

#6 Venatici

Venatici

• Traders-Talk User
  • 404 posts

Posted 16 January 2017 - 04:08 AM

Dont you find it ironic? Ms. May that so eagerly wants emigrants out, which apparently is the only reason why UK wants out of European Union, albeit much complaining of the many other failures from EU. Now you (and Ms. May) want foreigners to come and visit the island so it keeps floating. Ironic indeed

And if you think May is getting a good deal from Trump, think again. Trump will drive a hard bargain, he does not care about UK predicament, in fact I bet it will use it as leverage.

At-a-boy!  We need the business and bucks here to keep things humming so Ms. May can negotiate from strength. London's wonderful, but don't forget to see some of the small villages and countryside where you'll find the real heart of England beating. 

Regards,

Douglas

#7 OEXCHAOS

OEXCHAOS

Mark S. Young

• Admin
  • 21,996 posts

Posted 16 January 2017 - 05:51 PM

In fairness, I'm not sure Americans can REALLY be called foreigners. :)

M

Mark S Young
Wall Street Sentiment
Get a free trial here:
http://wallstreetsen...t.com/trial.htm
You can now follow me on twitter

#8 Venatici

Venatici

• Traders-Talk User
  • 404 posts

Posted 17 January 2017 - 02:40 AM

Very right! yes.gif More like the return of the prodigal son.

In fairness, I'm not sure Americans can REALLY be called foreigners. smile.png

M

#9 Douglas

Douglas

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,815 posts

Posted 17 January 2017 - 08:55 AM

Well, did you miss the one day sale on cable? I guess the temptation to fry all the futures speculators who had loaded up on pound shorts in front of the speech was just too great.  Squeezing pound shorts is the order of the day.  The European response to her speech will be the only hope the shorts have of turning the tide. 

Regards,

Douglas

#10 ryanoo

ryanoo

• Traders-Talk User
  • 660 posts

Posted 17 January 2017 - 04:42 PM

I was surprised to see this --- UK as bad as Greece in wage growth.  I hope the US $ to continue to strengthen so I can visit UK (with Britrail pass!) this summer for less.  My kid will be at U.Cambridge for summer study, but they require payment right now!  Anyway, wishing you and UK all the best.c2oup-3wqaej7vg.jpg