Martin Armstrong starting to throw in the towel on Gold breaking below 1k

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Russ

Russ

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,193 posts

Posted 16 January 2017 - 01:46 PM

"We are starting to run out of time. We elected a minor Monthly Bullish of 1142 at the end of December, so that has given us the bounce. The benchmarks come into play in 2018, but they could be the first high rather than a low and that would confirm a change in trend. The 2015 closing is the lowest, and that would be a three-year reaction from the highest closing of 2015. Markets never act randomly. The failure of 2016 to produce the lowest closing was for a reason. It was not a fluke."  I think me meant to write: three year reaction from the highest closing of 2011 or 2012?

https://www.armstron...ullion-v-coins/

"Nulla tenaci invia est via" - Latin for "For the tenacious, no road is impossible".
"In order to master the markets, you must first master yourself" ... JP Morgan
"Most people lose money because they cannot admit they are wrong"... Martin Armstrong

http://marketvisions.blogspot.com/

#2 Russ

Russ

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,193 posts

Posted 16 January 2017 - 02:53 PM

oops, I meant to write.... I think HE meant.  flowers.gif

"Nulla tenaci invia est via" - Latin for "For the tenacious, no road is impossible".
"Most people lose money because they cannot admit they are wrong"... Martin Armstrong

#3 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,870 posts

Posted 16 January 2017 - 05:47 PM

November 26, 2015

by Thomas Beecham
(henrymakow.com)

November 26, 2015
Back in February 2013, when gold broke 1,632 the second time, I knew gold's time was done for this cycle, and I stated so.
At the time, I searched the internet for anyone who had not only made similar predictions, but had acted upon them. After looking for about a day, the only name I found was that of Martin Armstrong. I had never heard of the man before that time.
I have been following him for over two years and his predictions are without peer.

Gold - He timed the high in 2011, which was spot on. He said that gold is to bottom out as soon as next year with next year's closing low being the lowest year-end close in the cycle. He said the actual low could be in first half of 2017, but that 2017s closing low will be higher than 2016s closing low. Says lows could be at 950 or 875, or 690. Silver's nadir could be as low as $9.

But with cycles, it's all about timing, not prices.

He is very bullish after this timeframe, into 2020-2021.

https://www.henrymak...-in-Stocks.html

Edited by Rogerdodger, 16 January 2017 - 05:48 PM.

#4 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,036 posts

Posted 16 January 2017 - 06:27 PM

not wrong yet...

#5 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,930 posts

Posted 16 January 2017 - 07:18 PM

gee, maybe he should read this forum for some differing perspectives and "why" we think that way, MA is on my "ignore" list

NO BS

Senor

#6 AChartist

AChartist

Tim

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,800 posts

Posted 16 January 2017 - 11:53 PM

3 beautiful days up should go for 10,

we'll see how it works in the weekly basis it seems to be vacillating to form a phase transition up

but could use some strength to really turn it. Its not unusual for the strength to develop in the daily

basis first. Futures like this sticks, it has been a couple 18% days in the leveraged account but always give

half of it back, a couple back to back would get some attention.

"marxism-lennonism-communism always fails and never worked, because I know

some of them, and they don't work"  M.Jordan

#7 Russ

Russ

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,193 posts

Posted 17 January 2017 - 06:23 AM

gee, maybe he should read this forum for some differing perspectives and "why" we think that way, MA is on my "ignore" list

NO BS

Senor

As RodgerDodger posted above Armstrong was perhaps one of the only people that said Gold was headed down to 1200 or more in 2012.  At least Armstrong is starting to change his view about sub 1000 gold now, Armstrong's number reversal system eventually causes him to reverse course.  Harry Dent is still calling for 700 dollar gold.

Also no BS... giveup.gif

Russ

#8 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,930 posts

Posted 17 January 2017 - 09:18 AM

NO BS

Senor

As RodgerDodger posted above Armstrong was perhaps one of the only people that said Gold was headed down to 1200 or more in 2012.  At least Armstrong is starting to change his view about sub 1000 gold now, Armstrong's number reversal system eventually causes him to reverse course.  Harry Dent is still calling for 700 dollar gold.

Also no BS... giveup.gif

Russ

am not going to go on and on with this but virtually everyone makes some good calls and bad ones, my real point is he appears so long term oriented he missed a great multi-month rally (GDXJ 17 to 52) last yr and appears to be doing it again

NO BS

Senor

Edited by senorBS, 17 January 2017 - 09:25 AM.

#9 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,870 posts

Posted 17 January 2017 - 10:35 AM

my real point is he appears so long term oriented he missed a great multi-month rally (GDXJ 17 to 52) last yr and appears to be doing it again

I hear that! ;-)

NUGT moved from $3.45 to $35.50 and back to $5.50.

That's a lot to miss.

Edited by Rogerdodger, 17 January 2017 - 10:36 AM.

#10 Russ

Russ

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,193 posts

Posted 17 January 2017 - 11:35 AM

my real point is he appears so long term oriented he missed a great multi-month rally (GDXJ 17 to 52) last yr and appears to be doing it again

I hear that! ;-)

NUGT moved from $3.45 to $35.50 and back to $5.50.

That's a lot to miss.

Did he miss it?  I do remember in early 2016 MA said his key bearish reversal number had not been taken out, therefore suggesting a rally was unfolding. Unless you subscribe to his service you don't know for sure what he is advising on a daily basis. Remember that last summer he was warning gold was headed lower again after it did not take out his key bullish reversal number of i think $362. Of course he (and maybe his AI computer are not perfect) who is?

I do know that futures broker and chart technician Ross Clark in Vancouver told me that nobody can keep up with Marty, Clark followed him around for a few months in the 1980's.  I also know that Art Smolensky - owner of Global Futures Corp. said he rejected Armstrong's services because he could not produce an industry standard results document showing what kind of returns he was achieving for his advice.

He was however awarded the hedge fund trader of the year award after his pi model called high in the sp500 to the day on July 20, 1998 and smarty Marty shorted thousands of futures contracts on it until it went down about 20%. There are not many traders that have studied computer science and programming who also went on to build an artificial intelligence computer that predicts markets and also political events like the break up of the soviet union for example.

Of course Da_Cheif smeared Armstrong on his silicon investor site, he does not like to admit anyone could know something he does not.

Edited by Russ, 17 January 2017 - 11:39 AM.