fib_1618

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,145 posts

Posted 02 February 2017 - 05:18 PM

Spot on!

Fib

Better to ignore me than abhor me.

“Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it” - Benjamin Franklin

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance" - George Bernard Shaw

Demagogue: A leader who makes use of popular prejudices, false claims and promises in order to gain power.

Technical Watch Subscriptions

#3 kinga200

kinga200

• TT Member+
  • 594 posts

Posted 02 February 2017 - 10:57 PM

No kidding!!!

Thks for the post.

#4 dasein

dasein

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,696 posts

Posted 03 February 2017 - 08:32 AM

have to disagree - American jobs were killed by Americans managing American companies - and by Americans who are so cash strapped they have to support globalization - try to find anything competitively priced that is made in America except for food.

more from the Fed - didnt we already get worried about commercial RE...

https://www.bloomber...weighs-17-risks

Edited by dasein, 03 February 2017 - 08:34 AM.

best,
klh

#5 fib_1618

fib_1618

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,145 posts

Posted 03 February 2017 - 10:24 AM

have to disagree - American jobs were killed by Americans managing American companies - and by Americans who are so cash strapped they have to support globalization - try to find anything competitively priced that is made in America except for food.

Let's put it in a more direct way...American jobs were killed by Congressional elitists (shyster lawyers) who betrayed American unions and workers by passing trade acts and policies that forced companies to hire people of other countries in order to remain competitive. And you know what the funny thing is? These same unions and workers continue to this day to support those who sold them out.

Fib

Edited by fib_1618, 03 February 2017 - 10:27 AM.

Better to ignore me than abhor me.

“Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it” - Benjamin Franklin

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance" - George Bernard Shaw

Demagogue: A leader who makes use of popular prejudices, false claims and promises in order to gain power.

Technical Watch Subscriptions

#6 pdx5

pdx5

I want return OF my money more than return ON my money

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,527 posts

Posted 03 February 2017 - 05:27 PM

more from the Fed - didnt we already get worried about commercial RE...

https://www.bloomber...weighs-17-risks

During the 1960's, 1970's & 1980's my co-workers could afford to buy American made stuff with their middle class wages in manufacturing. When a big chunk of manufacturing was moved to cheaper wage countries by their American Company executives, the same laid off workers can only afford cheap Walmart stuff made in cheap labor countries with their much lower part time wages.

It is a situation of which came first, chicken or the egg. None of the career politician could stop this migration of manufacturing abroad, because their re-election depends on their ultra-rich donor class, and that donor class benefits from moving manufacturing to cheap labor countries. 

Political Candidates who do not depend on their ultra-rich donor class are as rare as snow in July.

Edited by pdx5, 03 February 2017 - 05:31 PM.

"Money cannot consistently be made trading every day or every week during the year." ~ Jesse Livermore Trading Rule

#7 gannman

gannman

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,948 posts

Posted 05 February 2017 - 01:53 AM

i find it kind of ironic that the fellows name who wrote this is patrick mchenry reminds me of a certain patrick henry from american history hmm

feeling mellow with the yellow metal

#8 opinionated

opinionated

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,937 posts

Posted 05 February 2017 - 04:47 PM

I'm a union worker. I am not the problem. Railroaders, Bricklayers, Laborers, Electricians, Carpenters, Plumbers, Dockmen, Operators, Sheet Metal Workers, Ironworkers, Boilermakers, Painters, Millwrights, Mechanics, Pipefitters, Sprinkler fitters, Steelworkers, Construction workers, Teachers, Police Officers, Paramedics, Firefighters, Sanitation, Road workers etc. are NOT the enemy. If you’re jealous of our benefits, FIGHT FOR YOUR OWN!, not against ours. The rich who created this crisis are pitting middle class families against each other. We live here, pay taxes, work hard & try to support our families too. If you're a union worker, copy & Paste.

Operators local 18

#9 dasein

dasein

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,696 posts

Posted 06 February 2017 - 09:10 AM

Railroaders, Bricklayers, Laborers, Electricians, Carpenters, Plumbers, Dockmen, Operators, Sheet Metal Workers, Ironworkers, Boilermakers, Painters, Millwrights, Mechanics, Pipefitters, Sprinkler fitters, Steelworkers, Construction workers, Teachers, Police Officers, Paramedics, Firefighters, Sanitation, Road workers etc. are NOT the enemy

- and pretty much those listed survive because they cannot be offshored. I remember when I was working - the animosity towards unions from the people who have now lost their jobs, the elitism they felt because they were considered "management" - they kind of all believe the same kool-aid - American jobs were killed by Congressional elitists (shyster lawyers) who betrayed American unions and workers by passing trade acts and policies that forced companies to hire people of other countries in order to remain competitive. And you know what the funny thing is? These same unions and workers continue to this day to support those who sold them out.

I dont think I ever met a multinational that was forced to do anything they didnt already ask the politicians to give them, but I have to agree a lot of union leaders care more about their personal perks than their membership:)

best,
klh