• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 mss

mss

I'M WATCHING

• TT Sponsor
  • 6,182 posts

Posted 10 February 2017 - 04:28 PM

cat.gif  Time will tell. Market appears to be very strong but showing signs of a major (MAYBE) trend change. Might break up or down.

Be nice to everybody,

mss

WOMEN & CATS WILL DO AS THEY PLEASE, AND MEN & DOGS SHOULD GET USED TO THE IDEA.
A DOG ALWAYS OFFERS UNCONDITIONAL LOVE. CATS HAVE TO THINK ABOUT IT!!

#2 redfoliage2

redfoliage2

• Traders-Talk User
  • 18,024 posts

Posted 10 February 2017 - 04:47 PM

Here is the SPX Daily trend that provides somewhat different perspectives:

Look at the end run (mid December till now) - it has been severely divergent with multiple indicators.  It looks a correction is in the cards very soon, probably starting next week!

Edited by redfoliage2, 10 February 2017 - 04:51 PM.

#3 mss

mss

I'M WATCHING

• TT Sponsor
  • 6,182 posts

Posted 10 February 2017 - 06:35 PM

FROM POST ABOVE: Time will tell. Market appears to be very strong but showing signs of a major (MAYBE) trend change. Might break up or down.

I agree that a change is in the making which is indicated with the triangles around the two major indicators. The price channel for the weekly shows price in the middle of the trend channel. However weekly price appears to be a "flag" upward on a pole which 80% of the time will break down. There is a suggestion of a upward "blow-off" based on the long term indicator still moving up. The only positive thing both charts show is a CHANGE is about to happen. 

That was what I was trying to suggest therefore to be careful. My bet = 70% down, 10% up sharp, 20% steady uptrend next week.

Have a great weekend and the best to you,

mss

Edited by mss, 10 February 2017 - 06:37 PM.

WOMEN & CATS WILL DO AS THEY PLEASE, AND MEN & DOGS SHOULD GET USED TO THE IDEA.

#4 tsharp

tsharp

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,487 posts

Posted 10 February 2017 - 08:35 PM

An alt count I worked with yesterday, stopped at the upper channel line today and if correct, suggests a wave-ii retrace for next week... time will tell.

Link to SPX 60-min chart:  https://postimg.org/image/421xtudi1/

SPX_60_02_10_17.jpg

#5 dasein

dasein

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,696 posts

Posted 11 February 2017 - 02:56 PM

thanks MSS - your experience is welcome and rich.

best,
klh

#6 mss

mss

I'M WATCHING

• TT Sponsor
  • 6,182 posts

Posted 11 February 2017 - 03:23 PM

:cat: Hello dasein how are things out your way?  Hope you are well. Im bored this afternoon, TV broke, waiting on repair, can't watch golf and play with charts at the same time. So am going to put up another chart just to test the eyesight of all my friends and how they might determine what it suggests for the near future of trading.

I like this chart because it has at least three possible outcomes. yes.gif

mss

#7 dasein

dasein

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,696 posts

Posted 12 February 2017 - 12:55 PM

if it continues looks bullish ST - could be a failed thrust if it reverses right away to test 2240 again - was that 2? and number 3?

thanks mss - hope the repair people came!

here is Robert Miner-

https://www.screenca...om/t/C6oOV5HBte

Edited by dasein, 12 February 2017 - 12:56 PM.

best,
klh

#8 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 26,809 posts

Posted 12 February 2017 - 01:52 PM

Pretty simple here...all about Dow 20K....HUGE amount of work done there....

Above that, dangerous to be short,  as this easily can run away upside now. Holding long from the big pivot zone at ES 2265 at the beginning of the month is the correct way to be positioned at this juncture...

But...should Dow now close back under 20K, and summations turn back down again, would get aggressively short, with stop on any close back above 20K level.

The strength of Government lies in the people's ignorance, and the Government knows this, and will therefore always oppose true enlightenment. - Leo Tolstoy

#9 pisces

pisces

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,179 posts

Posted 13 February 2017 - 06:01 AM

if it continues looks bullish ST - could be a failed thrust if it reverses right away to test 2240 again - was that 2? and number 3?

thanks mss - hope the repair people came!

here is Robert Miner-

https://www.screenca...om/t/C6oOV5HBte

Thanks for the post.Are you a subscriber?  if so,where can i find subscription info, TIA..

#10 dasein

dasein

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,696 posts

Posted 13 February 2017 - 10:06 AM

I got that in an email - you can go to his website and subscribe

Robert Miner
DynamicTraders.com

best,
klh