wave 3? continued

• Please log in to reply
195 replies to this topic

#1 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,595 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 11:07 AM

i have shown the money velocity chart at the fed several times. when we start to see money velocity
rising then gold is ready for prime time. now , we are speculating that is next on the agenda. dodd/frank
is deflationary, getting rid of it allows the banks to get rid of their tbond holdings. which will allow
them to put the funds in the fractional reserve system to loan out. then its game on.
for now we are early in the game. at some point in wave 3, if that is what we have, there is recognition
phase, but not yet. my concern is venus retrograde , its affects on the broad market
anyway , for now michelangelo has sculpted a wedge on the mining indexes and gold which we have broken out
of this am lets see where we are headed. as more folks realize we are headed for stagflation, that
deflation was yesterdays news, the miners will get mojo. and that is why we are in them to begin w/
mining is a horrible biz. but in a gold bull market they outperform all assets. so lets see what we
have here.
dharma

#2 gannman

gannman

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,948 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 11:14 AM

I was thinking the same thing as a business it sucks ha ha unless y I u are in a gold bull then it's great ha ha
this past 4 years hS forced them to get lean look at ABx it has done a great job onward and uoward
feeling mellow with the yellow metal

#3 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,000 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 11:27 AM

Gold could easily go to 1260'area here ? Trendline resitance up there

#4 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,595 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 02:35 PM

yes, they have gotten lean and mean. i always felt abx was held for ransom by the banksters. i would never touch it. but over the
last couple of years. they have really transformed the company. i still will not touch it , but i respect what they have done
yesterdays divergence gold firm miners sloppy has been rectified by todays action. it had me concerned. miners lead.
we have come out the top of the wedge. lets see how far we can run.
dharma
awhile back, this is not investment advice, i had talked about obnnf. it has almost tripled in price. are they
a take over target? i think so. are they in play here. i have no idea. but they have good sound fundamentals
well dharma would you buy it here? for me that is the recipe for failure, for losing money chasing in this sector
will part you from your resources.
at some point and i dont know when the majors will need to replenish inventories. running high grade through the
down cycle has left in a position where inventories are very low and the grades they have, are not strong. when
it starts the better explorers will all be in play just my 2c

Edited by dharma, 16 February 2017 - 02:40 PM.

#5 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,902 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 07:57 PM

many looking for a top soon and then the biggest correction so far, maybe me too. However, there is a valid count that if gold goes to a new rally high wave iii of 3 or C could be underway, interesting juncture

Senor

#6 Smithy

Smithy

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,267 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 10:27 PM

xdh4lx.jpg

#7 Smithy

Smithy

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,267 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 11:17 PM

2q35hug.jpg

#8 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,000 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 02:37 AM

many looking for a top soon and then the biggest correction so far, maybe me too. However, there is a valid count that if gold goes to a new rally high wave iii of 3 or C could be underway, interesting juncture

Senor

Biggest correction since?

#9 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,595 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 10:57 AM

so senor , you are looking at this as a C. it is a real possibility. not sure . for now i am working off margin, which i am now
off margin.
if anyone is interested here is the gann guy from yesterday http://www.ganngloba...1c2338bedf7c1a2
deliberating what to do from here
dharma

#10 Smithy

Smithy

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,267 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 12:41 PM

I'm in the "Intermediate Peak" camp at 1245. BUT, if gold can get above that by Monday or no later than Tuesday morning I would expect a raging 3rd wave run. The conservative path is shown by dharma, to lighten longs. Comments?