wave 3? continued

• Please log in to reply
195 replies to this topic

#171 Smithy

Smithy

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,284 posts

Posted 09 March 2017 - 02:27 PM

At noon on Thursday the 5 min gold chart shows a megaphone Reverse Point Wave, which, if valid, is an ending pattern comparable to a falling wedge.  Some small proportion end up being a continuation pattern. The low (curr. 1201.50 spot) is the stoploss. 

#172 Russ

Russ

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,193 posts

Posted 09 March 2017 - 03:19 PM

GDX possibly going to bottom the week of March 20, there is also a strong trend for good high in July/Aug, which seems to be the pattern lately, summer high followed by winter low.

"Nulla tenaci invia est via" - Latin for "For the tenacious, no road is impossible".
"In order to master the markets, you must first master yourself" ... JP Morgan
"Most people lose money because they cannot admit they are wrong"... Martin Armstrong

http://marketvisions.blogspot.com/

#173 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,930 posts

Posted 09 March 2017 - 03:28 PM

GDX possibly going to bottom the week of March 20, there is also a strong trend for good high in July/Aug, which seems to be the pattern lately, summer high followed by winter low.

wondering if we may get a daily momentum low in this area, then a retest or modest new low with a divergence in a week or two

Senor

#174 Russ

Russ

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,193 posts

Posted 09 March 2017 - 03:46 PM

wondering if we may get a daily momentum low in this area, then a retest or modest new low with a divergence in a week or two

Senor

Keep our fingers crossed Senor,  I will be looking to get back into nugt and jnug.

"Nulla tenaci invia est via" - Latin for "For the tenacious, no road is impossible".
"In order to master the markets, you must first master yourself" ... JP Morgan
"Most people lose money because they cannot admit they are wrong"... Martin Armstrong

http://marketvisions.blogspot.com/

#175 jshaef1

jshaef1

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9 posts

Posted 09 March 2017 - 04:20 PM

See 200 day moving average.

http://stockcharts.c...r=1488977068925

Do you find MAs of these ratios helpful?

In 2001 we bounced around the 200 day MA, after the initial surge in the ratio, for several months and then took off.  It looks like that now, but time will tell.

Gold stocks have been so battered for 20 years or so :).

#176 stubaby

stubaby

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,659 posts

Posted 09 March 2017 - 04:22 PM

I watch $XAU for clues - it always seems to be the leader - moves both up and down seem to begin here first - this is a 10 min chart I am watching now, FWIW

http://stockcharts.c...205&a=345274888

and yes I agree with the momentum bottom soon followed by a sharp rally and then a retest to wrap this thing up (need the bottom first!)

#177 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,605 posts

Posted 09 March 2017 - 10:09 PM

folks sit w/crystal balls

when the market is oversold and diverging , its time for me to pick up stuff i like. is that right 100%of the time. absolutely not

But it is right eough of the time where i can make decent returns. so  i buy a little here and there w/these conditions and wait

a big huge % of the time markets are in tr - once that happens i wait. only the best fastest traders make money in those markets

i sit that dance out. i think we are on the verge of a big move, not sure about the dec 16 lows, but the 15 lows look clear to me so 

i am participating waiting for the next impulse to reveal itself.  will we break the lows. . i dont know and neither does anyone else

but what i know is if i buy the best stocks in the conditions i just mentioned i know a large  %of the time i will make good returns. 

and that is why  i do this , i like the challenge. and i like unravelling  the forensics. 

dharma

if the miners break from here i sell what i bought if not , i ride. and buy more.  the fed is behind the curve= golds day is not far off

#178 johngeorge

johngeorge

• TT Member+
  • 4,616 posts

Posted 10 March 2017 - 10:56 AM

" the fed is behind the curve= golds day is not far off"

Looking at the 6 month T Bill rate today it is .89%.  Hasn't been that high in I don/t know how many years.  Yes, the Fed is definitely behind the curve and I remain bullish on miners and precious metals. 

Peace
johngeorge

#179 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,930 posts

Posted 10 March 2017 - 11:46 AM

gold going for "9 daze" down today? I do think we are bottoming at least near term, but we will see

Senor

#180 johngeorge

johngeorge

• TT Member+
  • 4,616 posts

Posted 10 March 2017 - 12:00 PM

Senor

"I do think we are bottoming at least near term, but we will see"

My thinking as well so I bought a position in JNUG this am.  Snug stop. 

Peace
johngeorge