Relentless

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#11 robo

robo

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 21 February 2017 - 10:49 AM

there will be sizable correction starting this week and going into middle of March. IMHO.

The DCLs have been very weak, so I don't know about sizable. Do you use Cycles, EW, TA,  or some other system to make a call like that.

I think we are on day 36 so we still some room to run higher.... Another new high for IWM this morning (140.29 and still moving up), so the trend remains up.

Waiting to trade TZA again as we move into the DCL.  I'll trade TNA coming out of the DCL ( whenever that happens).  I can only trade what I see and the trend remains up for now.

Good trading.

http://stockcharts.c...377&a=507974379

http://stockcharts.c...921&a=506994308

http://stockcharts.c...833&a=504861178

http://stockcharts.c...744&a=505893099

1. cycles

2. sentiment

cannot tell target, only dates. preferrable 10th of march, then run into final high beginning of May.

I could be wrong of course.

I use those too and a few others. I try not to pick price targets, or get locked into time frames. With that said, we are late in the cycle, and the MT sentiment should get reset some during this next DCL.  For now the trend remains up on weak breath, and many indicators are giving out warning signs. I sold my TNA on the move up and I'm now only trading TZA. I'm also  day-trading NUGT and DUST.  I trade small tranches when I buy TZA, NUGT or DUST

We wait and good luck on your trade.

“There is only one side to the stock market; and it is not the bull side or the bear side, but the right side”   Jesse L. Livermore

#12 fib_1618

fib_1618

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,145 posts

Posted 21 February 2017 - 11:30 AM

I'm also  day-trading NUGT and DUST.

Oh boy...wait until you file your taxes on this one...I suggest that you stop day trading now or literally lose your shirt.

Fib

Better to ignore me than abhor me.

“Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it” - Benjamin Franklin

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance" - George Bernard Shaw

Demagogue: A leader who makes use of popular prejudices, false claims and promises in order to gain power.

Technical Watch Subscriptions

#13 robo

robo

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 21 February 2017 - 11:49 AM

Oh boy...wait until you file your taxes on this one...I suggest that you stop day trading now or literally lose your shirt.

Fib

LOL....  I only trade Roth IRA's Brotherman. You do know those are tax free don't you? The goal is to average 1k a week ST trading and most of the time I do very well.  Thanks for the advice anyway. Most do lose money, but I made 42k last year in those accounts overall. I currently have 3 Roth IRAs I use for  ST trading. My gains of 42k are probably small to some of you high rollers, but I'm retired and it's nice spending money. All of my trades are win-lose or draw bets, and I'm not using retirement money for trading.

Good trend trading to you. I don't trend, I only trade extremes.

I do trend trade in my 401ks using VXF, but not in this market.

Edited by robo, 21 February 2017 - 11:50 AM.

“There is only one side to the stock market; and it is not the bull side or the bear side, but the right side”   Jesse L. Livermore

#14 CLK

CLK

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,787 posts

Posted 21 February 2017 - 12:09 PM

We should test 2350 ES again.

#15 robo

robo

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 21 February 2017 - 12:14 PM

Fib,

Why wouldn't any,  just average day-trader, trading NUGT and DUST, not buy this dip this morning.  See my first link..

I'm flat the miners again, and waiting.

http://stockcharts.c...424&a=508185037

I currently have NO MT miner positions.  My MT Ebb and Flow charts....

http://stockcharts.c...961&a=507613316

http://stockcharts.c...010&a=507612594

http://stockcharts.c...139&a=507610553

http://stockcharts.c...403&a=507610461

Good trading Brotherman, and may the  Ebb and Flow be with you.

Edited by robo, 21 February 2017 - 12:16 PM.

#16 lawdog

lawdog

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,080 posts

Posted 21 February 2017 - 12:34 PM

Fib

I would rather literally lose my shirt than figuratively lose it. The literal shirt can be replaced for less than $100. A figurative shirt-losing would cost a lot more.

#17 robo

robo

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 21 February 2017 - 02:08 PM

Fib

I would rather literally lose my shirt than figuratively lose it. The literal shirt can be replaced for less than $100. A figurative shirt-losing would cost a lot more.

This is very close to my trading style, but I take much smaller positions, and only trade - TNA/TZA and NUGT/DUST when ST trading.  I have NO IDEA what they are using to take trades. I have my own system, and follow NO ONE...My system agreeing  for a trade is different. 

https://sheeponwallstreet.com/

I have NO IDEA if they are just paper trading, but the returns are above average for ST trading. I use Roth IRAs and only plain index shares so it's very easy to make/take trades like this. Again, I don't take their trades, but track them.

Trade History

2016: +620.15% - View History

2017: +$47,883.90 (+44.36%) - View Screenshots

A free site for now, but I'll bet they are about to go private soon.

Fri, 2017-02-17 16:53 Herd Alert: We bought 7500 shares of UVXY @20.53. Fri, 2017-02-17 16:11

Herd Alert: We are buying UVXY after hours. If you don't have access to post market trading, nothing wrong with waiting until Tuesday. Fri, 2017-02-17 15:04

Herd Alert: We are looking to buy back into UVXY, but would like to see a dip before getting back in. Staying sidelined for now. Thu, 2017-02-16 14:59

Herd Alert: If nothing crazy happens during the last hour, we stay sidelined overnight. If things change, will send out a Herd Alert. Thu, 2017-02-16 14:56

Herd Alert: If nothing crazy happens during the last hour, we will stay in cash overnight. If things change, will send out a Herd Alert. Thu, 2017-02-16 11:26

Herd Alert: We closed position in UVXY, in @19.20, out @22.04, for a profit of $19,860. Will send out a Herd Alert if we decide to revisit. Thu, 2017-02-16 11:07

Herd Alert: We are selling our UVXY position into this spike. We might buy it back on a pullback later. Wed, 2017-02-15 15:06

Herd Alert: We bought 7000 shares of UVXY @19.20 Wed, 2017-02-15 14:56

Herd Alert: We are going long UVXY. Dow is +100, VIX is up, contango in VIX futures (month 1 vs month 2) is narrowing. This is very unusual. Wed, 2017-02-15 11:26

Herd Alert: Closed position in JDST, in @13.35, out @13.01, we are keeping an eye on the VIX which is very strong for the Dow being +100.

Edited by robo, 21 February 2017 - 02:14 PM.

#18 MikeyG

MikeyG

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,850 posts

Posted 23 February 2017 - 04:01 AM

Fib

LOL....  I only trade Roth IRA's Brotherman. You do know those are tax free don't you? The goal is to average 1k a week ST trading and most of the time I do very well.  Thanks for the advice anyway. Most do lose money, but I made 42k last year in those accounts overall. I currently have 3 Roth IRAs I use for  ST trading. My gains of 42k are probably small to some of you high rollers, but I'm retired and it's nice spending money. All of my trades are win-lose or draw bets, and I'm not using retirement money for trading.

Why not? The market is trending quite well...

mdgcapital@protonmail.com  

papilioinvest.com

@papilioinvest

"One soul is worth more than the whole world." 

#19 alexnewbee

alexnewbee

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,459 posts

Posted 23 February 2017 - 11:03 AM

Fib

until it does not ;)

NDX erased 5 days gains within 2 hours!

"we do G.d's work" Lloyd Blankfein

#20 fib_1618

fib_1618

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,145 posts

Posted 23 February 2017 - 02:22 PM

Fib

until it does not wink.png

NDX erased 5 days gains within 2 hours!

Careful...your desperation is showing.

Fib

Better to ignore me than abhor me.

“Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it” - Benjamin Franklin

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance" - George Bernard Shaw

Demagogue: A leader who makes use of popular prejudices, false claims and promises in order to gain power.

Technical Watch Subscriptions