6 corporations own the media

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 stocks

stocks

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,550 posts

Posted 28 February 2017 - 02:32 PM

A funny and disturbing montage of local newscasters saying the exact same thing shows how media consolidation is bad for America.

-- -
Defenders of the status quo are always stronger than reformers seeking change, 
UNTIL the status quo self-destructs from its own corruption, and the reformers are free to build on its ashes.

#2 stocks

stocks

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,550 posts

Posted 01 March 2017 - 07:52 PM

A majority of online and social media defenders of Obamacare are professionals who are "paid to post,"

Digital activists are paid employees; their purpose is to attack anyone who's posting something contrary to the view of the page owner wants expressed,

He evaluated 226,000 pro-Obamacare posts made by 40,000 Facebook profiles.

Brown: "Sixty percent of all the posts were made from 100 profiles, posting between the hours of 9 and 5 Pacific Time."

Sharyl: "Which means what?"

Brown: "They were paid to post."

http://www.washingto...article/2615774

-- -
UNTIL the status quo self-destructs from its own corruption, and the reformers are free to build on its ashes.

#3 diogenes227

diogenes227

• TT Patron+
  • 5,120 posts

Posted 02 March 2017 - 11:29 AM

A majority of online and social media defenders of Obamacare are professionals who are "paid to post,"

Digital activists are paid employees; their purpose is to attack anyone who's posting something contrary to the view of the page owner wants expressed,

He evaluated 226,000 pro-Obamacare posts made by 40,000 Facebook profiles.

Brown: "Sixty percent of all the posts were made from 100 profiles, posting between the hours of 9 and 5 Pacific Time."

Sharyl: "Which means what?"

Brown: "They were paid to post."

http://www.washingto...article/2615774

From the link:

He blamed so-called "zombie posts," and explained them this way: "A zombie post is a fake, purchased, or rented Facebook profile that's expressing the views of an organization as if it was his or her own. But, when in reality, the comment being expressed is done on software and written by generally one or two people. So, the zombie posts will go out on a schedule and then they are supported by zombie likes."

And Brown said that both sides play the posting game. "There's no reason to believe that everybody's not doing it."

Finally the zombie reveals itself -- stocks has never answered a direct question on this site and now we may know why... Always thought he was a computer algorithm, but now I see it is possible he can't answer a direct question because he doesn't know a direct question is being asked since he is a zombie and everything he posts on this site is a "zombie post". 

Check out the zombie's latest on the immigration thread, a timely example of a zombie using social media to try to prove the latest Trump lie actually has some truth to it despite all Swedish comments to the contrary.

Funny, the truth always will out but sometimes, like here, it takes a slip-up to get it done.

yes.gif  

P.S. stocks, prove me wrong.  If you are a human being I will apologize. Here's a simple question for you, answer me this - where can I get a job to get paid for doing this crap that you do?

smile.png

"If you've heard this story before, don't stop me because I'd like to hear it again," Groucho Marx (on market history?).

“I've learned in options trading simple is best and the obvious is often the most elusive to recognize.”

"The god of trading rewards persistence, experience and discipline, and absolutely nothing else."

#4 stocks

stocks

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,550 posts

Posted 12 March 2017 - 12:15 PM

How to Tell if News Is Really News 

John Nolte in the Daily Wire listed how the MSM was caught telling 40 lies. How is the average American supposed to weed out the truth?   

Invariably, news reported by The New York Times, Washington Post, LA Times, Chicago Tribune, New York Daily News, ABC, CBS, NBC, CNN, MSNBC,  USA Today, Reuters, Associated Press, AOL, New York Magazine, The New Yorker, Vanity Fair,  Politico and the Daily Beast will be negative and spin events to a particular narrative rather than the truth.   

I’ve found that the fake news and lies told by the mainstream media were debunked by the website conservativetreehouse.com and its intrepid editor Sundance. When all those alleged police shootings of unarmed black men were being hyped by the MSM, this site dug deeper and provided links and videos that proved that in most cases the shootings were justified and the ‘victims’ were not always innocent.  

Despite heavy criticism, Andrew Breitbart’s brainchild Breitbart.com is a good, reliable source for the truth.  

PJMedia.com has great columnists and is also quite picky about proving content. 

Worth a look-see.:   DailyCaller.com; AmericanThinker.com; theFederalist.com; DailySignal.com; CanadaFreePress.com; Newsbusters.com. 

http://www.americant...eally_news.html

-- -

#5 stocks

stocks

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,550 posts

Posted 31 March 2017 - 09:02 AM

Media Praises the Caliber of soon-to-be-debunked Journalism:  

1. Rolling Stone publishes reporter Sabrina Erdely's U of Virginia rape story.

2. Media rushes to praise Rolling Stone journalism.

3. Story debunked within days and Rolling Stone eventually successfully sued.   

Jeffrey Toobin, staff writer at the New Yorker and CNN legal analyst, tweeted to Erdely: “You did amazing work, a real public service.” “Great journalism,” he added.  

Fantastic reporting,” gushed Nina Gregory, senior editor on the arts desk at NPR. New York contributing editor Marin Cogan described the piece as “easily one of the best pieces of journalism I’ve read this year.” NBC’s Luke Russert hailed this “extraordinary piece of journalism.” Voactiv’s Susie Banikarim recommended this “important and very well-reported piece on rape culture.” The normally even-handed Richard Deitsch, of Sports Illustratedexpressed “thanks” to Erdely for “her reporting.”  

Among editors: Eric Umansky, deputy managing editor at Pro Publicadeemed Erdely’s article—which he said had exposed “lawlessness”—“a triumph of investigative storytelling.” Philadelphia Magazine’s featured editor Richard Rhys described Erdely’s work as “mag[azine] journalism at its best.” BuzzFeed deputy culture editor Karolina Waclawiak celebrated Erdely’s “brilliant reporting.”  

Steven Ward, the news director at the Clarion-Ledgerhailed Erdely as a “superstar” who exposed “rape culture at UVA.” For widely published freelance reporter Alex Suskind, Erdely’s article was “required” reading. Former Gawker editor Maggie Shnyarson remarked, “I’d love to get my hands on those little sh*ts.” She presumably wasn’t referring to the campus activists who uncritically championed Jackie’s story.

Calls to Action  

David Beard, executive editor for Public Radio International (and formerly of the Washington Posthad a message for Erdely: “You are making change happen. This editor thanks you.” 

Retweeting a Washington Post article on UVA president Sullivan’s decision to suspend all fraternities at the school, Post reporter Dan Zak had a blunt message: “Now burn ‘em down.”   

https://academicwond...s-a-journalist/

-- -

#6 stocks

stocks

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,550 posts

Posted 02 May 2017 - 07:26 AM

Frank Zappa - I'm the Slime  

I'm the slime oozin' out
From your TV set

You will obey me while I lead you
And eat the garbage that I feed you
Until the day that we don't need you
Don't go for help . . . no one will heed you
Your mind is totally controlled
It has been stuffed into my mold
And you will do as you are told
Until the rights to you are sold

That's right, folks . . .
Don't touch that dial   

-- -

#7 AChartist

AChartist

Tim

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,800 posts

Posted 02 May 2017 - 09:39 PM

perfected in the wwi coup of buying up all city newspapers using their feminazi ignorant minions, rhyming yet with the infotech social racketeering monopolies.

now they have unisex gender confused communist ignorant doubling their minions

The 'White Feather Girls': women's militarism in the UK
NICOLETTA F. GULLACE 30 June 2014
The suffrage movement was split by the Great War. Most often remembered are the pacifists. But the militant history of feminist war supporters in Britain, and the audacity of the 'White Feather Girls'

who shamed young men into enlisting, must also be remembered in this centenary year

Drawing of a woman 'jabbing a white feather' into a man's waistcoat with two women looking on.
Image from 'The White Feather: A Sketch of English Recruiting' by Arnold Bennett, Collier’s Weekly 1914
In 1914 and '15, notorious bands of women roamed the cities of England giving white feathers of cowardice to men wearing civilian clothes. Why would so-called 'white feather girls' wish to humiliate

men not in uniform? This question has puzzled feminists for 100 years, since the first feathers of World War I  were pinned to the lapels and hatbands of young men by disdainful flappers wishing them

to enlist in the army. The 'White Feather Brigade'  was established in Folkstone by Admiral Charles Penrose Fitzgerald, an ardent war-supporter who wished to see Britain institute mandatory military

service. His idea spread through the country with astonishing rapidity. As young women combed beaches, high streets, trams, theaters, and places of resort, pinning tiny white feathers  to men casually

strolling or socializing with their friends, they sent shock waves through society.  Not only were those men pinned with the mocking 'Order of the White Feather'  profoundly humiliated, but commentators

began to decry the immodesty of forward young women who had the audacity to insult perfect strangers and tell men what to do. Remarkably, the recollections of male victims suggest that they continued

to feel this stain upon their honor well into old age. Why would women use their sexual power to shame men into the army when their pacifist sisters were meeting, organizing, and in 1915, braving great

danger to travel to The Hague, with precisely the opposite aim: to stop the war?

https://www.opendemo...ilitarism-in-uk

"marxism-lennonism-communism always fails and never worked, because I know

some of them, and they don't work"  M.Jordan

#8 AChartist

AChartist

Tim

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,800 posts

Posted 02 May 2017 - 09:50 PM

Obama repealed Smith Mundt act, legalizing lying in 2013

'Anti-Propaganda' Ban Repealed, Freeing State Dept. To Direct ...
www.techdirt.com/articles/20130715/11210223804
Jul 14, 2013 · 'Anti-Propaganda' Ban Repealed, ... A court ruled in 1998 that the limitations of the Smith-Mundt Act

exempted the Voice of America from releasing ...

Edited by AChartist, 02 May 2017 - 09:53 PM.

"marxism-lennonism-communism always fails and never worked, because I know

some of them, and they don't work"  M.Jordan

#9 stocks

stocks

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,550 posts

Posted 22 June 2017 - 04:18 PM

Why Mainstream Media Represents the View of Billionaires … Instead of Average Americans  

Billionaires have long exerted influence on the news simply by owning U.S. media outlets.

Some billionaires, like Rupert Murdoch and Michael Bloomberg are longtime media moguls who made their fortunes in the news business. Others, like Amazon founder Jeff Bezos, bought publications as a side investment after building a substantial fortune in another industry.

Billionaires own part or all of several of America’s influential national newspapers, including The Washington Post, The Wall Street Journal and the New York Times, in addition to magazines, local papers and online publications.

Several other billionaires, including Comcast CEO Brian Roberts and Liberty Media Chairman John Malone, own or control cable TV networks that are powerful but not primarily news focused. 

https://www.lewrockw...lionaire-media/

-- -

#10 *JB*

*JB*

• Traders-Talk User
  • 915 posts

Posted 23 June 2017 - 02:00 PM

Billionaires are the basis of support of the dems, violent ''demonstrators''/blm/ etc. Plus propaganda machine on campuses (professors) .... and the deep state.

The left is no longer for the little guy (never) was. The left is for the exploitation of the little guy.

Most of all, they are for the destruction of those that don't believe the way they do.... and their right to speak.

The tipping point is near....but the left don't see it coming.
"Don't think...LOOK!"
Carl Swenlin, founder of Decision Point and original Fearless Forecasters board.