US stock indexes

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 CLK

CLK

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,787 posts

Posted 13 March 2017 - 09:08 AM

There is no opportunity here. Basically, Trump has conditioned the market such that

nobody is willing to sell anymore, in anticipation of further gains down the road.

Also few are willing to buy as there are virtually no dips big enough to attract volume.

This is not a good trading environment, if you are buying options, count your money gone,

sellers will do ok.

I am moving my trading to gold miners and overseas ETFs until something changes, which will probably be months from now. 

Edited by CLK, 13 March 2017 - 09:09 AM.

#2 andr99

andr99

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,431 posts

Posted 13 March 2017 - 10:14 AM

Trump has nothing to do with where markets are pointing to. And by the way the American financial system wanted the other one.....the nice, good looking, very...very...very...very...smart...other one. 

forever and only a V-E-N-E-T-K-E-N - langbard

#3 JamesE

JamesE

• Traders-Talk User
  • 59 posts

Posted 13 March 2017 - 12:26 PM

**roll eyes**

#4 lawdog

lawdog

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,080 posts

Posted 13 March 2017 - 01:58 PM

**roll eyes**

thank you.

#5 Charvo

Charvo

• Traders-Talk User
  • 380 posts

Posted 13 March 2017 - 07:00 PM

You're buying overseas ETFs?  Those will be the 1st to fall when crap hits the fan.  US stocks are still strong.  I think EEM is ready to fall.

#6 MikeyG

MikeyG

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,850 posts

Posted 13 March 2017 - 09:12 PM

Trump has nothing to do with where markets are pointing to. And by the way the American financial system wanted the other one.....the nice, good looking, very...very...very...very...smart...other one. 

Not sure what market you are looking at but the market went up 700 points in the days after the election...

mdgcapital@protonmail.com  

papilioinvest.com

@papilioinvest

"One soul is worth more than the whole world." 

#7 CLK

CLK

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,787 posts

Posted 13 March 2017 - 10:35 PM

You're buying overseas ETFs?  Those will be the 1st to fall when crap hits the fan.  US stocks are still strong.  I think EEM is ready to fall.

I trade Bull and Bear funds, direction doesn't matter to me. US stock indexes are not strong, they are stagnant, trading like VIX is at 1.

I am not patient enough to stare at a screen all day, day after day watching .25% moves waiting for a 1%. I have to be involved with 

issues that move 1% for options and 5-15% for ETFs.

Edited by CLK, 13 March 2017 - 10:40 PM.

#8 andr99

andr99

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,431 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 01:19 AM

Not sure what market you are looking at but the market went up 700 points in the days after the election...

It would have done the same if Trump had lost.....

forever and only a V-E-N-E-T-K-E-N - langbard

#9 MikeyG

MikeyG

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,850 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 09:48 PM

It would have done the same if Trump had lost.....

Ok, sure....

mdgcapital@protonmail.com  

papilioinvest.com

@papilioinvest

"One soul is worth more than the whole world." 

#10 JamesE

JamesE

• Traders-Talk User
  • 59 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 09:28 PM

Don't engage him Mikey, America First!!!
Alright, I'm gone before I get in trouble. ..