• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 tradesurfer

tradesurfer

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,944 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 10:40 AM

the trump trendline just got busted !

the spring equinox delivers again... never fails...

time get short big time

also on deck soon is the whole debt ceiling crap and USA debt default, burning through 2 billion a day and enough until May June time frame (sell in May and go away)

https://www.bloomber...he-debt-ceiling

33531158056_0f475177cb_b.jpg

#2 diogenes227

diogenes227

• TT Patron+
  • 5,120 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 11:07 AM

From the link above:

Euphoria has been pervasive in the stock market since the election. But investors seem to be overlooking the risk of a U.S. government default resulting from a failure by Congress to raise the debt ceiling. The possibility is greater than anyone seems to realize, even with a supposedly unified government.

In particular, the markets seem to be ignoring two vital numbers, which together could have profound consequences for global markets: 218 and $189 billion. In order to raise or suspend the debt ceiling (which will technically be reinstated on March 16), 218 votes are needed in the House of Representatives. The Treasury’s cash balance will need to last until this happens, or the U.S. will default.

The opening cash balance this month was $189 billion, and Treasury is burning an average of $2 billion per day – with the ability to issue new debt. Net redemptions of existing debt not held by the government are running north of $100 billion a month. Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin has acknowledged the coming deadline, encouraging Congress last week to raise the limit immediately.

Reaching 218 votes in favor of raising or suspending the debt ceiling might be harder than in any previous fiscal showdown. President Donald Trump almost certainly wants to raise the ceiling, but he may not have the votes. While Republicans control 237 seats in the House, the Tea Party wing of the party has in the past has steadfastly refused to go along with increases.

I guess we'll see if the Congress, after constantly fighting Obama in this battle, can now turn their hypocritical hides in favor of all they have fought before.

"If you've heard this story before, don't stop me because I'd like to hear it again," Groucho Marx (on market history?).

“I've learned in options trading simple is best and the obvious is often the most elusive to recognize.”

"The god of trading rewards persistence, experience and discipline, and absolutely nothing else."

#3 lawdog

lawdog

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,080 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 12:34 PM

all I can say here is the post above was made at the very low of the day, 11:40 when spx was -24. My guess is we go as low as -35 to -40, but that's a dangerous trade to make. 

#4 brucekeller

brucekeller

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,140 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 01:03 PM

From the link above:

Euphoria has been pervasive in the stock market since the election. But investors seem to be overlooking the risk of a U.S. government default resulting from a failure by Congress to raise the debt ceiling. The possibility is greater than anyone seems to realize, even with a supposedly unified government.

In particular, the markets seem to be ignoring two vital numbers, which together could have profound consequences for global markets: 218 and $189 billion. In order to raise or suspend the debt ceiling (which will technically be reinstated on March 16), 218 votes are needed in the House of Representatives. The Treasury’s cash balance will need to last until this happens, or the U.S. will default.

The opening cash balance this month was $189 billion, and Treasury is burning an average of $2 billion per day – with the ability to issue new debt. Net redemptions of existing debt not held by the government are running north of $100 billion a month. Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin has acknowledged the coming deadline, encouraging Congress last week to raise the limit immediately.

Reaching 218 votes in favor of raising or suspending the debt ceiling might be harder than in any previous fiscal showdown. President Donald Trump almost certainly wants to raise the ceiling, but he may not have the votes. While Republicans control 237 seats in the House, the Tea Party wing of the party has in the past has steadfastly refused to go along with increases.

I guess we'll see if the Congress, after constantly fighting Obama in this battle, can now turn their hypocritical hides in favor of all they have fought before.

I dunno awful coincidence DB had that announcement and the downtrend effectively started, especially in the last few days when they cemented it all. I wonder about their solvency and the subsequent ramifications and I don't know if it's been mitigated enough considering all the execs fleeing like rats from a sinking ship the last year or two. 

Edited by brucekeller, 21 March 2017 - 01:04 PM.