• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 dowdeva

dowdeva

• Traders-Talk User
  • 525 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 01:12 PM

Gameover,

In June of 2014 you stated that your contacts at the Bildergergs told you that the DOW would reach 20,000 by Labor Day. You also stated that you would take anyone up on a bet about this, you were so confident of this projection.

I pm'd you on June 9.. Here is a portion of it, including typo's:

'... I woul like to bet you $500 that the DOW Won't reach 20K by Labor Day. Do you want to take me up on it, and is Paypal acceptable to you?...'

WITH NO REPLY.

I was fully willing to pay up if I was wrong, and I am hoping you will keep your word at this late date. If you do indeed have contacts at the Bilderbergerers, you should be filthy rich by now and $500 should be the equivalent of pennies to you.

Are you a person of integrity? If so, please stand by your word.

~D

#2 lawdog

lawdog

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,080 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 01:15 PM

maybe he meant Labor Day 2017.

#3 dowdeva

dowdeva

• Traders-Talk User
  • 525 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 01:19 PM

LOL.

Nope, it was very clear.

Parabolic summer and Labor Day of 2014.

#4 Market Slayer

Market Slayer

• Traders-Talk User
  • 39 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 04:18 PM

It took a couple of years in 1998-2000 for the market to top while breadth fell apart in the internet bubble.  We have seen March 2017 print another decade long generational top while we wait for a 50% hair cut.  Now all we need is for Fib to come out and tell us how breadth got him out yesterday on the MCO zero line print.  Semi will provide ample spew as well.  No 1% correction for like 6 months and the gurus will be coming out of the wood work tonight and tomorrow.  Da chief will spew the end of an ABC correction.  LOL  SoS, different day.

#5 dowdeva

dowdeva

• Traders-Talk User
  • 525 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 05:07 PM

Hi Marketslayer,

After doing some research, it seems that the experts are usually about two years early. I subscribed to Tom McClellan's site for a while in 2015 and I remember him saying that the top was going to be in that year. He's changes his mind since then, to the best of my recollection he sees us going up till 2018.

I find that there is a huge difference in Gameover and the other posters you mention. I have been lurking here since the mid 2000's - lurking mostly as my understanding of the markets is vastly inferior to posters like Fib and Semibizz. I have learned a ton about technical analysis from both of them just following them here. Most people don't know this, but Fib gave a free (yes, free) technical analysis tutorial in the form of a chat on his site for many years running. It was twice a week for a couple of hours.  The man is stupendous and I hate to see him knocked about here.

Mss, bluster (who has often been amazingly accurate and yes, he's made some wild predictions), OEXchaos, Rogerdodger, Mr. Dev, sentient one, arbman, pisces, tsharp, Geoman, Gannman, chilidawgz...pretty much everyone here has posts of theirs stashed away in my hard drive. I take them out and study them once in a while. When I think of the amount of energy it took them to post charts, put their thoughts into clarity, check for spelling, etc., I am stunned at the sheer kindness of it all. It's been a great blessing to me in my life.

Then you have someone like Gameover who comes here with his 'contacts' and just from sheer persistence, has gained some cachet.

I think he should pay me my money.

Edited by dowdeva, 21 March 2017 - 05:16 PM.

#6 tsharp

tsharp

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,487 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 05:08 PM

It took a couple of years in 1998-2000 for the market to top while breadth fell apart in the internet bubble.  We have seen March 2017 print another decade long generational top while we wait for a 50% hair cut.  Now all we need is for Fib to come out and tell us how breadth got him out yesterday on the MCO zero line print.  Semi will provide ample spew as well.  No 1% correction for like 6 months and the gurus will be coming out of the wood work tonight and tomorrow.  the chief will spew the end of an ABC correction.  LOL  SoS, different day.

So while you make insinuations with innuendo, where are your real-time market calls???

#7 dowdeva

dowdeva

• Traders-Talk User
  • 525 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 05:49 PM

Here's the posts from June 6 and June 9, 2014, and the link:

http://www.traders-t...rg summer rally

"...As I've said, my Bilderberg sources Dow 20k+ by Labor Day, still waiting for someone to take the bet from me..."