Banks of a feather

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 diogenes227

diogenes227

• TT Patron+
  • 5,120 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 02:13 PM

After living on fumes, these birds have fallen out of their nests....

P.S. Would not rule out a bounce but resistance is now obvious.

"If you've heard this story before, don't stop me because I'd like to hear it again," Groucho Marx (on market history?).

“I've learned in options trading simple is best and the obvious is often the most elusive to recognize.”

"The god of trading rewards persistence, experience and discipline, and absolutely nothing else."

#2 Charvo

Charvo

• Traders-Talk User
  • 380 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 06:36 PM

It is weird to see banks fall big when the interest rates are on the rise.  With that being said, I think the first big dip off the top is always bought especially when it comes the major indexes.  However, the rebound's volume and breadth might be lacking.  I think it's best to buy the dip, but I wouldn't be touching banks.

#3 Darris

Darris

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,667 posts

Posted 04 April 2017 - 05:43 PM

BTU relisted on NYSE today big D

#4 diogenes227

diogenes227

• TT Patron+
  • 5,120 posts

Posted 04 April 2017 - 07:49 PM

BTU relisted on NYSE today big D

Welcome back!

I wonder when I'll be able to borrow some to short.  Might have to wait out President Pollution's promise to bring back the coal industry (not possible without massive taxpayer subsidies, but who knows...) play out before the timing is right. It does look looks like BTU did get a great start down today.

Kind of funny.  Wipes out shareholder equity and then likely looks to do it again.  What is that?  Pure corporate greed?

Thanks for the heads up.

Good luck and good trading.

P.S. Been shorting CLD off and on (see the second chart below, cyan below the moving average is the signal) and am looking to do it again.  CLD is BTU's former partner in their coal-terminal follies on the West Coast.  May take some time but now that it is under five dollars a share it might eventually take the BTU bankruptcy plunge.

"If you've heard this story before, don't stop me because I'd like to hear it again," Groucho Marx (on market history?).

“I've learned in options trading simple is best and the obvious is often the most elusive to recognize.”

"The god of trading rewards persistence, experience and discipline, and absolutely nothing else."