Today

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 CLK

CLK

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,787 posts

Posted 24 March 2017 - 06:56 AM

Friday's have a positive bias, and I have a buy on the day, but since yesterday was down 

a small fraction, today will most likely end about flat. We could see a big run up at some point, 

that gets sold. It's not looking like a good environment for options expiring today, especially 

since the futures traded sideways all night. Friday's are to me the worst day for options 

as the open to close is most often a small percentage change. I give a big sell today

very low odds.

Maybe see something more if the healthcare bill gets a vote.

#2 CLK

CLK

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,787 posts

Posted 24 March 2017 - 09:33 AM

I expect the DOW to at least test yesterday's highs before this rally is over, it had the best setup for a buy, so

15 points is too low yet. So that would push IWM well above resistance, which they sold already once today.

Hard to tell short term, with the gap still open and the 15 min. going sideways.

Edited by CLK, 24 March 2017 - 09:37 AM.

#3 Charvo

Charvo

• Traders-Talk User
  • 380 posts

Posted 24 March 2017 - 09:42 AM

I think this market is getting the bounce, but I would be more comfortable shorting the bounce after the vote is out of the way.  People are already hedged for the vote, and those puts are coming off after the vote is finished regardless of the result.

KBE is looking bad.  Also, JNK has looked poor vs BND the past few days.  This could morph into some bad credit default crap.  Maybe that's why the banks are doing so badly.

#4 CLK

CLK

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,787 posts

Posted 24 March 2017 - 02:30 PM

Bought the dip, SPY 233.30.

#5 CLK

CLK

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,787 posts

Posted 24 March 2017 - 02:36 PM

If NYAD is good for anything it ought to send us into the green by close, or Monday.