Douglas Trading System

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Douglas

Douglas

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,828 posts

Posted 24 March 2017 - 07:26 AM

Yesterday's action generated a buy signal for the system with a tight stop. If the DJIA is above 20657 at 3pm, the system will buy RYDHX at the close today. Today and Monday is a risk window and prices have been declining, so a turn up is possibly in the cards. I suppose an acceleration of the trend down is also possible in this risk window if the ACA Rev 2 goes down in flames, ergo the stop on the buy.

Loads of E-wavers are calling the current correction a 4th wave, so divergences galore should appear in the next wave up. The next risk window is at the front end of the first week in April. That might be enough time for this small 5th wave to unfold.

Regards,
Douglas

#2 thoughtpwr

thoughtpwr

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,269 posts

Posted 24 March 2017 - 09:09 AM

Harley has a 93 day cycle that marks most dramatic bottoms throughout the last two years (Brexit, election, etc.) That ended on 3/22 with a +/- 2 day window.  That implies the bottom is in by the close of the day regardless of what the Obamacare vote is and the pivot to taxes. Curry cycle analysis marked a sharp down move followed by sharp up move after options expiration as well.

#3 Douglas

Douglas

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,828 posts

Posted 24 March 2017 - 10:23 AM

In my system I track a fairly reliable 47 trading day cycle that bottoms today. 2 x 47 = 94 which is pretty darned close to your 93 day cycle length and 3/22 + 2 = March 24, so that jives too.

Regards,
Douglas