• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#11 AChartist

AChartist

Tim

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,800 posts

Posted 31 March 2017 - 10:42 PM

good looking chart pattern anyway in $gold can always take a couple few weeks or have a shakedown,

no one knows the day or hour but we could know the plot.

"marxism-lennonism-communism always fails and never worked, because I know

some of them, and they don't work"  M.Jordan

#12 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,901 posts

Posted 01 April 2017 - 06:40 AM

and that is why i have no guru. most know less than you yourself know  imo 

si, channel one's inner guru, know thyself and set your trading/investing free

#13 tradesurfer

tradesurfer

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,944 posts

Posted 01 April 2017 - 04:14 PM

Well if gold is going to have one more big shakeout down to 1000 or 950 then it is likely going to be related to the us dollar blasting higher on the quarterly price chart.

But the signals on the dollar are confusing at best. However the dollar is not falling apart by any means

#14 Russ

Russ

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,174 posts

Posted 03 April 2017 - 04:44 PM

This was last posted on December 9, 2016, since then, Armstrong has said that the time is likely running out for gold to go below 1000.

He has changed his mind again recently and still thinks a slingshot down below 1000 may happen before gold takes off.

so basically he's guessing and unsure like most everyone else

Senor

Was he guessing when gold was 1800 and he said it was going to 11 or 1200?  Was he guessing last summer when he said it was going to go down?   Armstrong looks at the weekly, monthly, quarterly and yearly closing numbers with each bigger one being more important than the lesser one. Now he thinks the Euro is going to go down so that means Dollar up and Gold down, May will be a key month after the French elections.

"Nulla tenaci invia est via" - Latin for "For the tenacious, no road is impossible".
"In order to master the markets, you must first master yourself" ... JP Morgan
"Most people lose money because they cannot admit they are wrong"... Martin Armstrong

http://marketvisions.blogspot.com/

#15 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,901 posts

Posted 03 April 2017 - 07:32 PM

I am also sure (no guess) there were many times he was wrong, yes amigo they are all best guesses, if you think differently you are entitled but I don't go there

Senor

#16 Russ

Russ

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,174 posts

Posted 04 April 2017 - 11:15 PM

I am also sure (no guess) there were many times he was wrong, yes amigo they are all best guesses, if you think differently you are entitled but I don't go there

Senor

Journalist Michael Campbell who has followed Armstrong for probably 40 years, said that "Armstrong is different than most economists... he is usually right", but for sure he can be wrong too. Some of his best work is to do with cycles, since he was the chairman of the foundation for the study of cycles which is considered to be the most prestigious cycles organization in the world. This chart which I posted before is pretty amazing as he predicted the current phase transition of the dow, thirty years before it happened, he thinks the dow is headed for 40,000 or so. SovDebtCycle-86-R.jpg

"Nulla tenaci invia est via" - Latin for "For the tenacious, no road is impossible".
"In order to master the markets, you must first master yourself" ... JP Morgan
"Most people lose money because they cannot admit they are wrong"... Martin Armstrong

http://marketvisions.blogspot.com/

#17 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 8,999 posts

Posted 05 April 2017 - 01:38 AM

dow 40 k seems about right

#18 AChartist

AChartist

Tim

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,800 posts

Posted 09 April 2017 - 10:42 AM

I hope the metals/mining becomes the big part of index cap weighting that does it.

I am staying with stocks in general but to see what happens post Sep 7 bradley.

He does some good stuff was influence that helped me in timing to hit the 30 year rate low bottom tick.

I saw he had asia going up I didnt necessarily believe and didnt do anything about it and here it is up

when I should have switched some 401k over to it. I think I will use the basic socrates service can help

rotationally.

"marxism-lennonism-communism always fails and never worked, because I know

some of them, and they don't work"  M.Jordan

#19 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,863 posts

Posted 09 April 2017 - 07:52 PM

India is moving now to confiscate gold after going after the cash. Currently, each married woman is entitled to 500 grams, each unmarried woman 250 grams, and each man 100 grams of gold.Everything that goes beyond is classified as illegal possession and thus will be confiscated. There is no restriction on the possession of the jewelry only if the jewelry was purchased by inheritance.
India’s Gold Imports Down 24% In 2016-17 Fiscal Year

India is a major importer of gold, with the national demand primarily being driven by the jewellery industry.

But, in light of the imposition of excise duty on non-silver jewellery in 2016, the country saw an annual decline in physical gold demand.

More than 300 jewellers associations went on strike on March 2, 2016, and kept their doors closed for 42 days in response to the additional duty.