• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 kinga200

kinga200

• TT Member+
  • 594 posts

Posted 05 April 2017 - 03:08 PM

HI,

Been out and cant find why the sudden selloff.

Thks

#2 diogenes227

diogenes227

• TT Patron+
  • 5,120 posts

Posted 05 April 2017 - 03:16 PM

I don't know what the Fed minutes said and don't much care but that was the moment the sell off began. 

"If you've heard this story before, don't stop me because I'd like to hear it again," Groucho Marx (on market history?).

“I've learned in options trading simple is best and the obvious is often the most elusive to recognize.”

"The god of trading rewards persistence, experience and discipline, and absolutely nothing else."

#3 qqqqtrdr

qqqqtrdr

• Traders-Talk User
  • 3,220 posts

Posted 05 April 2017 - 03:31 PM

I was listening to CNBC at the time....   The FED did not give an indication on fast they will do with interest rates... There was quite a bit of debate..  My guess is the uncertainity of the FED is causing the drop... The expensive of the market ( PE ) was also considered worrisome by the FED ( Historically speaking ).

#4 kinga200

kinga200

• TT Member+
  • 594 posts

Posted 05 April 2017 - 03:40 PM

I was listening to CNBC at the time....   The FED did not give an indication on fast they will do with interest rates... There was quite a bit of debate..  My guess is the uncertainity of the FED is causing the drop... The expensive of the market ( PE ) was also considered worrisome by the FED ( Historically speaking ).

Thks qqqq

#5 kinga200

kinga200

• TT Member+
  • 594 posts

Posted 05 April 2017 - 04:23 PM

I don't know what the Fed minutes said and don't much care but that was the moment the sell off began. 

Thks Dio

#6 Chilidawgz

Chilidawgz

A fool and his money... (the second mousie gets the cheese)

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,626 posts

Posted 05 April 2017 - 05:52 PM

Overall market is weakening...bad breadth.

breadth.gif

Anything can happen...what's happening now?
No one can forecast the future. No one.

All stocks (ETF's) are BAD...unless they go up - William O'Neil
When The Time Comes To Buy or Sell, You Won't Want To - Walter Deemer

#7 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 26,809 posts

Posted 05 April 2017 - 06:02 PM

Overall market is weakening...bad breadth.

Put up one of the $NASI...stunning weakness on day of ATH print.....

The strength of Government lies in the people's ignorance, and the Government knows this, and will therefore always oppose true enlightenment. - Leo Tolstoy

#8 CLK

CLK

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,787 posts

Posted 05 April 2017 - 09:49 PM

Figured it would take something fundamental to turn the market. Technically didn't look bad to me,

looked ready to jump the creek to new highs. I don't know if this one sticks and drops a couple hundred

or starts back up with the slow chop, that I can't stand. All one can do is use stops and hope for the best. 

Sold most of my puts early for a loss and let my calls run, with a tight stop. IWM is back to 4 month support,

so back up it goes if it holds for very long. Wish I had just kept all my puts expiring Friday. Got to use stops

way more than I have been instead of just hitting the sell button, you never know what will happen. I was

surprized they made another run at the top after IWM traded below the gap fill.

#9 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,873 posts

Posted 05 April 2017 - 09:55 PM

March 27:

"Ringing Cycle" Update: Like start of 2016?

"We are right on the smallest bottom but it is closely followed by the big 11ish month cycle. The setup is similar to the double bottom in early 2016."

#10 tommyt

tommyt

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,136 posts

Posted 05 April 2017 - 11:24 PM

"Been out and cant find why the sudden selloff."

All that really matters is the reaction to news...we wouldn't necessarily trade news profitably if told in advance IMO. Many times it does what we dont think. This was a bad day ST for bulls, but we still are above the 50 MA, AD line not far off of highs, Naz just off highs and in a high level consolidation of some sort, so no bear parade yet. Building some sort of top IMO and then pay attention to the Rocketman's timeframe...June/July.