North Korea

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 andr99

andr99

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,421 posts

Posted 13 April 2017 - 02:03 PM

...local paper here in Milan says next Saturday North Korea is going to test another nuclear missile. Will the stock markets enjoy that ? It's not just a matter of French election now, it's also a matter of a deteriorating situation with the fat crazy boy named Kim 

forever and only a V-E-N-E-T-K-E-N - langbard

#2 ryanoo

ryanoo

• Traders-Talk User
  • 660 posts

Posted 13 April 2017 - 02:47 PM

"------ fat crazy boy named Kim(DJT)". Geopolitical threat is more a function of who and which party are in charge of USA, rather than the little rascals in other countries. It is always about WTF POTUS is.  

#3 pdx5

pdx5

I want return OF my money more than return ON my money

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,527 posts

Posted 13 April 2017 - 10:37 PM

"------ fat crazy boy named Kim(DJT)". Geopolitical threat is more a function of who and which party are in charge of USA, rather than the little rascals in other countries. It is always about WTF POTUS is.  

Hello Hillary! 

"Money cannot consistently be made trading every day or every week during the year." ~ Jesse Livermore Trading Rule

#4 NAV

NAV

• Traders-Talk User
  • 16,087 posts

Posted 14 April 2017 - 06:15 AM

When you realize you can't implement the health care bill, raise the tariffs on Chinese goods, stop the outsourcing to India, you start looking for fat crazy boys (who may or may not be crazy).

"It's not the knowing that is difficult, but the doing"

https://twitter.com/Trader_NAV

#5 mss

mss

I'M WATCHING

• TT Sponsor
  • 6,182 posts

Posted 14 April 2017 - 08:47 AM

WELL, well, I see that the WTF LIBERALS are back. 

Childish posting and politics is alive and well on this board after all. 

Y'all have a good time where the worms never die and the fire never goes out.

mss

WOMEN & CATS WILL DO AS THEY PLEASE, AND MEN & DOGS SHOULD GET USED TO THE IDEA.
A DOG ALWAYS OFFERS UNCONDITIONAL LOVE. CATS HAVE TO THINK ABOUT IT!!

#6 andr99

andr99

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,421 posts

Posted 14 April 2017 - 01:18 PM

mss

I just wanted though to remark that my latest posts of a while ago talking about an spx correction to gain ground and send the spx possibly to area 2250 are now being corroborated by a deteriorating international situation. Behind the lines that was the message I wanted to send...

Edited by andr99, 14 April 2017 - 01:19 PM.

#7 ryanoo

ryanoo

• Traders-Talk User
  • 660 posts

Posted 14 April 2017 - 02:43 PM

mss

We may have a LT top in SPX already.  I may be wrong but I thought your charts are more effective in bear markets, mss. Pls  don't call others or me 'childish' just because you don't like a post. But most here are much younger than you are, so it's right to call childish in a way. LOL

#8 alexnewbee

alexnewbee

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,459 posts

Posted 14 April 2017 - 03:03 PM

I agree that we have seen LT top in S&P. But I disagree that North Korea's story is worth anything. I suspect it is used to increase bearishness and then to jump the market next week for OPEX to around 2380. That would be a nice retest and good shorting opportunity. Just MHO.
"we do G.d's work" Lloyd Blankfein

#9 andr99

andr99

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,421 posts

Posted 14 April 2017 - 03:39 PM

unfortunately I have to disagree with any LT top idea, because looking here at Europe what I' m seeing is different and you all know that Europe follows....ergo it's very unprobable we are seeing the bull's top for the spx. I have a clear target for the ftsemib and a well working indicator for the dax to tell me when the bull is over and actually my opinion is that in May the downtrend should be over and the last trip to new highs with a top to reach maybe in late 2017 should start. Just my personal opinion, nothing more nothing less than that

#10 alexnewbee

alexnewbee

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,459 posts

Posted 15 April 2017 - 12:25 AM

Today they confirmed that Korea is a non event. We have to see market reaction but I suspect strong up. Well, may be I am talking my book, I closed all shorts on Thursday :) but was not bold enough to take longs. Just a small yen position @108,6
As re LT top - well, need to see, everything is possible.
"we do G.d's work" Lloyd Blankfein