Photo

Crash Monday

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

Poll: Monday Crash

How many points will SPX futures be down on Monday morning?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 boruseek

boruseek

• Traders-Talk User
  • 56 posts

Posted 13 April 2017 - 02:41 PM

Monday will be the most widely expected stock market crash. Everybody knows NK will test a nuclear weapon over the weekend, and everybody knows US will respond by trying to shoot it down.  How low do we go on Monday?

Edited by boruseek, 13 April 2017 - 02:42 PM.

#2 12SPX

12SPX

• Traders-Talk User
  • 12,538 posts

Posted 13 April 2017 - 02:45 PM

Monday will be the most widely expected stock market crash. Everybody knows NK will test a nuclear weapon over the weekend, and everybody knows US will respond by trying to shoot it down.  How low do we go on Monday?

too obvious and may be reacting now!!

#3 lawdog

lawdog

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,080 posts

Posted 13 April 2017 - 03:08 PM

it's more than NK. it's an overbought market that's going to become oversold very quickly, regardless of the loser NK fatman who will be dead in 3 years.

#4 fib_1618

fib_1618

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,145 posts

Posted 13 April 2017 - 04:54 PM

Too funny.

Fib

Better to ignore me than abhor me.

“Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it” - Benjamin Franklin

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance" - George Bernard Shaw

Demagogue: A leader who makes use of popular prejudices, false claims and promises in order to gain power.

Technical Watch Subscriptions

#5 JamesE

JamesE

• Traders-Talk User
  • 59 posts

Posted 13 April 2017 - 05:04 PM

No way

#6 kinga200

kinga200

• TT Member+
  • 594 posts

Posted 13 April 2017 - 06:58 PM

I voted +80

The financials are leading the way.

#7 csw2002

csw2002

• Traders-Talk User
  • 554 posts

Posted 13 April 2017 - 08:01 PM

Historically, whenever we see crash on this board, whatever weakness, if any, is about to end
Don't be a fool like me - How I lost $10K

#8 csw2002

csw2002

• Traders-Talk User
  • 554 posts

Posted 13 April 2017 - 08:08 PM

I voted +80

The financials are leading the way.

How does your EOD model look for Monday opening gap? Cpce today closed above .9 and that hasn't happened since February 2016. This indicates some sort of capitulation though it is not corroborated by ISEE data that is still in neutral territory.
Don't be a fool like me - How I lost $10K

#9 pdx5

pdx5

I want return OF my money more than return ON my money

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,527 posts

Posted 13 April 2017 - 08:13 PM

The fat NoKo will resign after the device fails to ignite or experiences uncontrolled fission.. 

40+ points rally!

"Money cannot consistently be made trading every day or every week during the year." ~ Jesse Livermore Trading Rule

#10 diogenes227

diogenes227

• TT Patron+
  • 5,120 posts

Posted 13 April 2017 - 08:31 PM

Historically, whenever we see crash on this board, whatever weakness, if any, is about to end

Yeah, I wish he hadn't put the C-word in the heading because otherwise there was a good chance it could happen thanks to the red dot at the end of the green squiggle in the middle of the chart below and a break through bottom of the blue box at about 232 on the SPY. That could get a real clear downtrend going and if anyone has noticed NYSE margin debt lately, margin calls might not be far behind.  Below 232, it could be at 229 in a blink, 223 in a wink and 213 in a nod (a November deja vu) but now with this crash question it probably won't happen.

At least not just yet.

Good luck and good trading.

"If you've heard this story before, don't stop me because I'd like to hear it again," Groucho Marx (on market history?).

“I've learned in options trading simple is best and the obvious is often the most elusive to recognize.”

"The god of trading rewards persistence, experience and discipline, and absolutely nothing else."