stock cycle voodoo

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 dowdeva

dowdeva

• Traders-Talk User
  • 525 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 05:09 PM

I perusing a site where a someone, a systems developer, had back-tested the Dow for years ending in '5.' He had a very convincing historical argument for rallies following a January high in a year ending in 5, or one in a year ending in 6, if December of the previous year had ended on a high.

I started thinking about years ending in '7' and although I'm just eyeballing it at the present moment, I went to a 100 year chart of the Dow and sure enough, I noticed many times a major low in a year ending in 8 if a decline began in a year ending in 7. Sometimes the 8 year tested highs in the 7 year first, and sometimes it just cascaded down.

Any one want to run the numbers here?

Too dumb too even try.

Edited by dowdeva, 19 April 2017 - 05:11 PM.

#2 Bernie

Bernie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 423 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 05:47 PM

http://justsignals.b...al-pattern.html

#3 Douglas

Douglas

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,815 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 04:58 AM

According to astro expert Norm Winski in an appearance on Larry Pesavento's show on YouTube early this year, the decennial pattern shifted a year when we crossed the millennial such that the year 7 panic will now occur in year 8. It's too early in the year to know if Norm was right, but this FED bubble market is certainly stretching the membrane awfully thin. It's hard to imagine this overblown bubble lasting another month, much less another year.

Regards,
Douglas

#4 Bernie

Bernie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 423 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 08:05 AM

Martin Pring Technical analysis explained second edition: average of nine decades 1881-1970 charted shows 5,8,& 9 tend to be years that are good for investing.  While 7&10 years show weaknes. First noted by Edgar Lawrence Smith  as a repeating cycle or derivitive of 9.2 year cycle. 

Edited by Bernie, 20 April 2017 - 08:09 AM.

#5 dowdeva

dowdeva

• Traders-Talk User
  • 525 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 09:45 AM

Thanks, Bernie and Douglas. Bernie, I saw the opposite, 8 and 9 weakness. Will have to take a closer look.

In Chinese astrology, we have had a long run of 'fire' years since the 2009 low.  According to Raymond Lo, it is the fire that fuels (pun intended) rallies in the market.

No more fire until 21, this is the last one, and it drops off after this summer (summer is fire).

Edited by dowdeva, 20 April 2017 - 09:50 AM.

#6 Bernie

Bernie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 423 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 10:45 AM

Dowdeva, Will have to make sure they are not inversion years. Such as 74-75 was a low instead of a high. Will be interesting to see what you come up with.   

#7 OEXCHAOS

OEXCHAOS

Mark S. Young

• Admin
  • 21,998 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 02:23 PM

JustSignals wrote:

In response to years ending in "7"
This link gets you to a post of the past 117 years

7th & 9th Year of the Decennial Pattern

http://justsignals.b...al-pattern.html

Mark S Young
Wall Street Sentiment
Get a free trial here:
http://wallstreetsen...t.com/trial.htm
You can now follow me on twitter

#8 OEXCHAOS

OEXCHAOS

Mark S. Young

• Admin
  • 21,998 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 02:25 PM

According to astro expert Norm Winski in an appearance on Larry Pesavento's show on YouTube early this year, the decennial pattern shifted a year when we crossed the millennial such that the year 7 panic will now occur in year 8. It's too early in the year to know if Norm was right, but this FED bubble market is certainly stretching the membrane awfully thin. It's hard to imagine this overblown bubble lasting another month, much less another year.

Regards,
Douglas

JustSignals wrote:
Douglas i am familiar with bot Norm and Larry.
My LT cycles suggest a high Nov2017 a low Summer2018 and then a BIG bottom 2021-2022.
Several LT cycles I follow are forming clusters at these times.

Mark S Young
Wall Street Sentiment
Get a free trial here:
http://wallstreetsen...t.com/trial.htm
You can now follow me on twitter

#9 JustSignals

JustSignals

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 03:13 PM

Corrected Post

Douglas I am familiar with both Norm and Larry.
My LT cycles suggest a high Nov2017 a low Summer2018 a high in 2019 and then a BIG bottom 2021-2022.
Several LT cycles I follow are forming clusters at these times.

#10 Douglas

Douglas

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,815 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 05:26 PM

JustSignals, would that high forecast date be either November 17 or 24, 2017 by any chance??

Regards,
Douglas