• 9,036 posts

Posted 24 May 2017 - 01:40 AM

Now a deep 2 to test the mettle

#212 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,929 posts

Posted 24 May 2017 - 07:56 AM

how deep? yeah thats the key Q, at yesterdays close at 32.25 SGDJ has already done a 50% retrace and may be ending a "c", could morph into an abc x abc, note that GDXJ at 31.75 in pre-market is right at its 50% retrace as well, we'll see

Senor

Edited by senorBS, 24 May 2017 - 08:04 AM.

#213 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,929 posts

Posted 24 May 2017 - 09:11 AM

how deep? yeah thats the key Q, at yesterdays close at 32.25 SGDJ has already done a 50% retrace and may be ending a "c", could morph into an abc x abc, note that GDXJ at 31.75 in pre-market is right at its 50% retrace as well, we'll see

Senor

well GDXJ came with 6 or 7 ticks of its .618 retrace at the early low and GDX finally made a marginal new low at ,382 area and is bouncing nicely, "so far" these are very clear abc declines - go below today's lows today and it could get ugly. The GDXJ rebalance is really weighing heavily on that index and some associated "smaller" stocks they are messing with. BTW a thx as I picked up an initial tranche of PVG this morning below 8.70, lets see how much of a bounce/rally we get off those potential abc down lows, remember this could yet morph into and abc x abc decline and now rally in an "x" wave, we see

Senor

#214 gannman

gannman

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,948 posts

Posted 24 May 2017 - 09:58 AM

from what i am seeing an abc is completing off of the top on the 17

i will buy some nugt if it can trade above 35 fwiw

feeling mellow with the yellow metal

#215 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,604 posts

Posted 24 May 2017 - 10:31 AM

tomorrow is options expiration

oversold on the hourlies.  no divergences  that i see.............ye

waiting

by the pvg came out @6 when it was an ipo.  it is one of the best mines in the world and its grade is just off the charts

dharma

looks to me like we completed a 5 wave down move off the top. we will see . this could last a couple days more?????

#216 gannman

gannman

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,948 posts

Posted 24 May 2017 - 11:19 AM

i see maybe one more dip to a new low on gdx and then we should rally imo

#217 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,929 posts

Posted 24 May 2017 - 11:45 AM

tomorrow is options expiration

oversold on the hourlies.  no divergences  that i see.............ye

waiting

by the pvg came out @6 when it was an ipo.  it is one of the best mines in the world and its grade is just off the charts

dharma

looks to me like we completed a 5 wave down move off the top. we will see . this could last a couple days more?????

Dharma the reason I started a position in PVG is that I think it may be in wave v of 5 of C from the B wave high near 11.45 in March. The A wave low was in early March at 8.56, today's low so far is 8.61, a new low could complete wave C and the dailies will likely diverge. Devils advocate here is if the overall sector is more bearish than I think is the this could fall in a continuing C wave all the way to the 6.80-7.00 area - I don't that that likely right now but just depends on how low the sector goes.

#218 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,036 posts

Posted 24 May 2017 - 01:30 PM

Senor

well GDXJ came with 6 or 7 ticks of its .618 retrace at the early low and GDX finally made a marginal new low at ,382 area and is bouncing nicely, "so far" these are very clear abc declines - go below today's lows today and it could get ugly. The GDXJ rebalance is really weighing heavily on that index and some associated "smaller" stocks they are messing with. BTW a thx as I picked up an initial tranche of PVG this morning below 8.70, lets see how much of a bounce/rally we get off those potential abc down lows, remember this could yet morph into and abc x abc decline and now rally in an "x" wave, we see

Senor

Nice count that. So we have two solid bullish counts. What is the most favored bearish one please

#219 gannman

gannman

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,948 posts

Posted 24 May 2017 - 03:50 PM

one last thought here if gdx breaks thru its 200dma which is really the next target i 

would suspect we get a violent rally to the upside. it has been  underneath

it essentially since nov of last year so we have been in a consolidation for a while

at least that is my take  fwiw

#220 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,929 posts

Posted 24 May 2017 - 04:08 PM

Senor

Senor

Nice count that. So we have two solid bullish counts. What is the most favored bearish one please

Frankly the only decent near term bearish count I see "at this time" is that today ended the first abc down leg of a developing double zigzag, this is an X wave rally, then we do another abc down. Could happen but the obvious count is 5 up to recent high from earlier May lows and now at least another leg up to new May highs and maybe a 3rd wave, as always one day at a time

Senor