The Romp is Coming

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#11 dowdeva

dowdeva

• Traders-Talk User
  • 525 posts

Posted 09 May 2017 - 03:05 PM

On the other hand, there is Andre's dream.

Edited by dowdeva, 09 May 2017 - 03:05 PM.

#12 OEXCHAOS

OEXCHAOS

Mark S. Young

• Admin
  • 21,998 posts

Posted 09 May 2017 - 03:05 PM

LOL!

Mark S Young
Wall Street Sentiment
Get a free trial here:
http://wallstreetsen...t.com/trial.htm
You can now follow me on twitter

#13 andr99

andr99

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,389 posts

Posted 09 May 2017 - 03:57 PM

but you guys.....do you understand that when I nickname someone whom I cannot digest, I have to justify that in a way or another one ? I ask because it seems to me someone is sometimes slow to understand

BTW...markets are doing exactly what I was expecting so far....thanks to how I read politics besides charts

Edited by andr99, 09 May 2017 - 04:03 PM.

forever and only a V-E-N-E-T-K-E-N - langbard

#14 andr99

andr99

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,389 posts

Posted 09 May 2017 - 04:16 PM

On the other hand, there is Andre's dream.

you couldn' t say it better......my dreams are often a better tool than many others' chart reading skills. Thank you for pointing it out....

#15 dowdeva

dowdeva

• Traders-Talk User
  • 525 posts

Posted 09 May 2017 - 04:52 PM

Andre,

Although my post seemed facetious,I actually was very serious, and I admire your bravery for posting your dream in addition to posts you've made with your excellent TA skills.

I have had many prophetic dreams about the market and can prove it because I posted them on another fourm. Some very short term and some long term. Two are still outstanding. One of them was a dream that GOOG was going to go to 1200, when at the time it was about 500. It took about 7 years.

I received negative or no response to these dreams even when they came true, so I very rarely post them any more. There is a terrible stigma about this in our society, it's too bad.

Best regards,

~D

Edited by dowdeva, 09 May 2017 - 04:54 PM.

#16 Charvo

Charvo

• Traders-Talk User
  • 380 posts

Posted 09 May 2017 - 10:13 PM

Well there is a saying - "never short a dull market" - and this market is certainly extremely dull.

I think making VIX widely tradable was a mistake by the CFTC. It has set up a lot of inexperienced people in a short volatility trade that, like writing naked puts or covered calls, is steadily profitable almost all the time except when it blows up. Which it will. Then the rush for the exits will create a panic which will be leveraged into the broad market.

There are so many potential event risks running around out there that I think one has to be very cautious.

I agree.  I've been reading about a lot of put writing funds that short puts to make money.  It's great when the implied volatility is high, and it doesn't take a lot of put writing in order to get the returns necessary to satisfy investors.  Now, it takes a lot more put writing at this low level.  You're getting pittance for selling puts on the out-of-money puts for the SPY and a myriad of other ETFs.

Whenever this market eventually flips to the bearish side, it's going to be a tidal wave of demand for puts when the put writing funds have to buy back.

In the meantime, everything seems to be awesome.

#17 tommyt

tommyt

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,136 posts

Posted 09 May 2017 - 11:52 PM

"I think making VIX widely tradable was a mistake by the CFTC."

After most big market rallies, and then good sells, they get tagged by a theme. The next "good" decline in some other decade :-) could very well be marked by VIX related products blowing up, yes. Rinse and repeat...its how it works.

#18 NAV

NAV

• Traders-Talk User
  • 16,087 posts

Posted 10 May 2017 - 12:10 AM

Show me one market phase in history where it was easy to make money without worrying about something or the other. 

"It's not the knowing that is difficult, but the doing"

https://twitter.com/Trader_NAV

#19 andr99

andr99

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,389 posts

Posted 10 May 2017 - 01:38 AM

Andre,

Although my post seemed facetious,I actually was very serious, and I admire your bravery for posting your dream in addition to posts you've made with your excellent TA skills.

I have had many prophetic dreams about the market and can prove it because I posted them on another fourm. Some very short term and some long term. Two are still outstanding. One of them was a dream that GOOG was going to go to 1200, when at the time it was about 500. It took about 7 years.

I received negative or no response to these dreams even when they came true, so I very rarely post them any more. There is a terrible stigma about this in our society, it's too bad.

Best regards,

~D

I replied to your PM, but for some reason it couldn' t be sent (mail box fullfilled or program issues......don' t know) so that I will copy and past it here. Thanks for the link and don' t worry, I will do as you suggested. As for my reply in this thread, it was basically directed to else people who probably didn' t get the sense of my previous post in the other thread......or maybe I' m too criptic, I don' t know....it doesn' t matter, nothing so important in both cases. Best to you.

Kindest regards

andr

#20 alexnewbee

alexnewbee

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,459 posts

Posted 10 May 2017 - 05:53 AM

"@TFMTrades @DougKass @SlopeOfHope Something HUGE coming in markets. Complacency, no need to insure. Record hi margins, record low net free reserves, record low fund cash (3%)"

But yes, may be we will have another ramp.
"we do G.d's work" Lloyd Blankfein