question

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 dowdeva

dowdeva

• Traders-Talk User
  • 525 posts

Posted 09 May 2017 - 06:12 PM

For those with stockcharts.com subscriptions, does anyone know if they have, or how to create, an advance decline ratio chart as a banded oscillator, such as from 3.00 to - 3.00? That's an example, I just need it banded.

Or any other charting online?

I tried clicking on performance, but don't want percentages.

I also emailed customer service and got in reply a list with every advance decline ratio they have. I think they're smoking something lately.

I am trying to re-create Eliade's sign of the bear indicator

'...The calculations underlying The Sign of the Bear are fairly simple. Using market breadth data for the New York Stoc Exchange, one need only look for intervals of 21 to 27 days during which advances and declines stayed fairly even, implying unusually low volatility. Specifically, the ratio of advances over declines must fall between 1.95 and 0.65 for the entire period. Finally, the streak must end with a reading below 0.65 and a two- or three-day average immediately thereafter of less than 0.75...'

#2 dowdeva

dowdeva

• Traders-Talk User
  • 525 posts

Posted 09 May 2017 - 06:47 PM

Never mind, I found it after stockcharts told me they didn't have anything like it.

I don't know what is happening with this service - support used to be so helpful. Now you get these one liners or replies like they're reading from a script.

Maybe support has been outsourced to another country.

#3 OEXCHAOS

OEXCHAOS

Mark S. Young

• Admin
  • 21,996 posts

Posted 11 May 2017 - 08:32 AM

All that aside, show us that indicator. I'm curious to see what it looks like!

Mark

Mark S Young
Wall Street Sentiment
Get a free trial here:
http://wallstreetsen...t.com/trial.htm
You can now follow me on twitter