Speaking of monster..

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#11 alexnewbee

alexnewbee

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,459 posts

Posted 26 May 2017 - 01:43 PM

Why don't these companies split anymore? It seems like whoever is buying it can pay $1000 a share.

Why should they? Soon they will cost a third without split :D
"we do G.d's work" Lloyd Blankfein

#12 fib_1618

fib_1618

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,145 posts

Posted 26 May 2017 - 06:49 PM

Why don't these companies split anymore? It seems like whoever is buying it can pay $1000 a share.

Why should they? Soon they will cost a third without split biggrin.png

Keep hoping...one day you might be right.

Fib

Better to ignore me than abhor me.

“Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it” - Benjamin Franklin

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance" - George Bernard Shaw

Demagogue: A leader who makes use of popular prejudices, false claims and promises in order to gain power.

Technical Watch Subscriptions

#13 alexnewbee

alexnewbee

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,459 posts

Posted 28 May 2017 - 12:09 AM

Fib

I like your confidence. I know it is impossible. Well, almost impossible :)

#14 fib_1618

fib_1618

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,145 posts

Posted 28 May 2017 - 01:14 PM

Fib

I like your confidence. I know it is impossible. Well, almost impossible smile.png

Nothing is impossible, but your emotionalism in this ongoing search for an elusive top has probably kept you from participating in a 30% gain in the SPX in the last 18 months. Wouldn't it be better to trade the direction in which money is flowing and let others play this losing game of "can you call this"? Trading is a business, YOUR business, with the focus in having your money working for you on a consistent basis and not to get distracted from this same goal.

Fib

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance" - George Bernard Shaw

Demagogue: A leader who makes use of popular prejudices, false claims and promises in order to gain power.

#15 alexnewbee

alexnewbee

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,459 posts

Posted 28 May 2017 - 01:39 PM

Fib

I like your confidence. I know it is impossible. Well, almost impossible smile.png

Nothing is impossible, but your emotionalism in this ongoing search for an elusive top has probably kept you from participating in a 30% gain in the SPX in the last 18 months. Wouldn't it be better to trade the direction in which money is flowing and let others play this losing game of "can you call this"? Trading is a business, YOUR business, with the focus in having your money working for you on a consistent basis and not to get distracted from this same goal.

Fib

Fib, I have a feeling you are taking it too personally. No offence please.

In 2008 I also tried to pick the top in crude. And people who were long from 120 till 147 kept telling me "you missed that 20%" 

You know what? I shorted WTIC @145 . Well, I have to admit that closed this trade far too early, was going to vacation and did not want to leave this position unattended. Too bad for me. 

As for stocks I agree with J. Hussmann - we are close to something similar to 1929, 1987 or 2000. You can select your choice. And someone here said - why would you take notice of someone who missed this rally? Because he was lonly bull in 1993 and because he was lonly bear in 2007. I like his analysis. 

#16 fib_1618

fib_1618

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,145 posts

Posted 28 May 2017 - 03:05 PM

I guess you missed the point of my post...good luck to you.

Fib

#17 OEXCHAOS

OEXCHAOS

Mark S. Young

• Admin
  • 22,015 posts

Posted 28 May 2017 - 04:23 PM

Fib

Fib

In 2008 I also tried to pick the top in crude. And people who were long from 120 till 147 kept telling me "you missed that 20%" 

You know what? I shorted WTIC @145 . Well, I have to admit that closed this trade far too early, was going to vacation and did not want to leave this position unattended. Too bad for me. 

As for stocks I agree with J. Hussmann - we are close to something similar to 1929, 1987 or 2000. You can select your choice. And someone here said - why would you take notice of someone who missed this rally? Because he was lonly bull in 1993 and because he was lonly bear in 2007. I like his analysis. 

I was trading in 1987 and I was a broker back then (I was actually trying to buy a big lot of way out of the money puts the Wednesday before the Crash). I gotta tell you, this doesn't feel ANYTHING like 1987 at least at this point. I'm not the only old timer on here. Anyone who was there disagree with me?

Mark

Mark S Young
Wall Street Sentiment
Get a free trial here:
http://wallstreetsen...t.com/trial.htm
You can now follow me on twitter

#18 fib_1618

fib_1618

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,145 posts

Posted 28 May 2017 - 05:35 PM

I gotta tell you, this doesn't feel ANYTHING like 1987 at least at this point. I'm not the only old timer on here. Anyone who was there disagree with me?

There's nothing remotely similar at this time...nothing.

Fib

#19 NAV

NAV

• Traders-Talk User
  • 16,087 posts

Posted 28 May 2017 - 11:03 PM

Fib

Fib

You could have rode that last 20% from 120 to 147 with trailing stops and nothing prevented you from doing that other than your own emotions and pre-conveived ideas. I guess that is Fib's point.

10 years later and you still picking the tops ? Talk about persistence...LOL !

There used to be a guy called Greenie on this board. I beleive he caught the OIL top too (in 2008) and still waiting for his 70% drop in Silicon valley real estate, death of Google and civil war in India. I hope you are not him. tongue.png

Edited by NAV, 28 May 2017 - 11:07 PM.

"It's not the knowing that is difficult, but the doing"

https://twitter.com/Trader_NAV

#20 alexnewbee

alexnewbee

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,459 posts

Posted 29 May 2017 - 12:08 AM

No, I am not Greenie. :) I know him and his blog.
Thanks everyone for kind words :)
As I already mentioned somewhere - really surprising to see everyone so bulled up on market going nowhere since 1 of March. In fact declining if you take FANG out.
Good luck to all.