what now?

• Please log in to reply
475 replies to this topic

#271 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,618 posts

Posted 15 August 2017 - 01:58 PM

this is typical after war market, my guess is its a fakeout. 

we will see

i am nibbling, selectively.   

what i see is the largest fund managers coming into the space, allocating 5-10% of their clients money

this system is falling apart weighed down by debt, there are so many cracks around so many edges

and trump is starting trade wars w/russia and china at a time when we are most vulnerable on a financial front

i believe he realizes the debt cannot be reduced by normal measures, so the dollar must go, and it has in his 

brief time as president

there is nothing i see in the structure to indicate this is more than a normal correction. keep in mind since july 10 gold is up 80-90 dollars

this is normal correction in a fast moving war market.  the bradley starts friday

dharma

stansberry is pumping a gold stock which will be announced soon. my guess is that sucker goes up 40-60% upon the announcement

#272 johngeorge

johngeorge

• TT Member+
  • 4,616 posts

Posted 15 August 2017 - 03:03 PM

dharma

Thanks for the thread. smile.png

You make an excellent case for a continuation of higher prices.  I remain bullish, but, don't want to be caught flat footed here.  This morning I put in a bid for a newer tiny explorer located in reindeer pasture that looks very promising to me.  Also a bid in for a mid sized operating miner with real earnings that is up nearly 45% in the last 3 months.  Same O, Same O.  I owned it previously and sold it......sick.gif

Peace
johngeorge

#273 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,956 posts

Posted 15 August 2017 - 06:34 PM

this some light selective buying today, now about 33% long, as always DYODD

Senor

#274 Smithy

Smithy

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,293 posts

Posted 16 August 2017 - 09:03 AM

Senor

Running flat complete?

#275 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,956 posts

Posted 16 August 2017 - 09:23 AM

Senor

Running flat complete?

I don't care, I simply think we are going higher over time and want a modest long position, getting too worried about the near term gyrations can really screw one up IMO. as always DYODD

Senor

#276 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,618 posts

Posted 16 August 2017 - 10:20 AM

rothschild "buy when blood is running in the streets"  at the lows the miners were down more than 80% and have been down vs gold for 20+ years.  at some  point and i am not saying i know when, miners will begin to gain against the yellow metal. this is the most despised and hated sector.  at some point it will go from hated to loved. everyone says they want to buy what is cheap , but they chase stocks because they rallied

i believe we are on the cusp of a bull market era in gold .  the infrastructure is now in place.  the world is awash w/debt and every 10 dollar down move, even after an 80-90 dollar advance in a month sends folks scurrying.  yes, we have had 11-15 bear market or down market. w/3am bankster bombing runs.  the market has changed

alot of things have changed.  now the world is changing w/trade wars vs china and russia.  its your money  

we are now seasonally in the strong part of the year, lets see what happens. grab a bag of popcorn and watch.  

the handling of charlottesville is very disappointing. say what you will, its a stupid species

dharma 

#277 stubaby

stubaby

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,660 posts

Posted 16 August 2017 - 10:33 AM

rothschild "buy when blood is running in the streets"  at the lows the miners were down more than 80% and have been down vs gold for 20+ years.  at some  point and i am not saying i know when, miners will begin to gain against the yellow metal. this is the most despised and hated sector.  at some point it will go from hated to loved. everyone says they want to buy what is cheap , but they chase stocks because they rallied

i believe we are on the cusp of a bull market era in gold .  the infrastructure is now in place.  the world is awash w/debt and every 10 dollar down move, even after an 80-90 dollar advance in a month sends folks scurrying.  yes, we have had 11-15 bear market or down market. w/3am bankster bombing runs.  the market has changed

alot of things have changed.  now the world is changing w/trade wars vs china and russia.  its your money  

we are now seasonally in the strong part of the year, lets see what happens. grab a bag of popcorn and watch.  

the handling of charlottesville is very disappointing. say what you will, its a stupid species

dharma 

Thankyou dharma!   Your last line:  "say what you will, its a stupid species"  made me laugh out loud!

#278 jabat

jabat

• Traders-Talk User
  • 605 posts

Posted 16 August 2017 - 10:40 AM

From other forum

Gold-30-min-10.jpg

#279 jabat

jabat

• Traders-Talk User
  • 605 posts

Posted 16 August 2017 - 10:42 AM

copper-futures-testing-another-breakout-

#280 goldfungus

goldfungus

• Traders-Talk User
  • 538 posts

Posted 16 August 2017 - 10:48 AM

Senor

Running flat complete?

I don't care, I simply think we are going higher over time and want a modest long position, getting too worried about the near term gyrations can really screw one up IMO. as always DYODD

Senor

Take a look at MSFT chart 2010-12. Very similar to that of GDX . Let's hope it resolves the same way.