Posted 23 August 2017 - 11:15 AM

-1x-1.png

https://www.bloomber...-just-beginning

#333 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,618 posts

Posted 23 August 2017 - 11:36 AM

since the dec 15 lows i have repositioned my portfolio to take advantage of the coming breakout i see in the sector.  miners will be the leaders. then silver. then gold

if you notice industrial metals are starting to perform very well.  zinc is at 10 year highs. its one of the reasons i love chpgf. they have a very large zinc deposit.  riefel has been down this road before , he knows what he is doing.  he is not going to build a mine he is going to sell this thing. it is one of the largest gold mines in the world

anyway, i believe we are rapidly approaching an inflection point. we may correct 1st  which i will add  

usa and s/korea conducting military exercises . pissing the fat kid off.  iran , n/korea, russia, and china . not part of the present banking system.  so Trump is just the front man.   

the sector looks good to me. miners are going to lead very soon.  they have alot of catching up to do. at the bottom of 15 they were down more than 80% 

choose wisely will guys have to come to market for money. you bet they will. building a mine is expensive.  in the end i dont care if a mine is built or not i want a ceo who wants to sell. r/riefel doesnt want to build he wants to sell   no dilution  he is a shareholder for the shareholders. not investment advice its your money right now,  make wise decisions do your own work. i know nothing

dharma

Edited by dharma, 23 August 2017 - 11:39 AM.

#334 risk_management

risk_management

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,772 posts

Posted 23 August 2017 - 12:27 PM

Is this thing ready to blow? I mean at this stage I'd even be ok with a move down. Seriously.

#335 gannman

gannman

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,948 posts

Posted 23 August 2017 - 02:25 PM

http://kingworldnews...daddy-breakout/

his price for gold is 1303.50 for a possible run a lot higher 

feeling mellow with the yellow metal

#336 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,618 posts

Posted 23 August 2017 - 05:29 PM

whats interesting to me is gold was under a down trend since the highs in 11 which is 6-7 yrs ago . it recently took out that down trend line. and folks got  bearish(look at the actions of the small specs in the cot)  . now its not giving much ground just below 1300 and folks turned bearish  this consolidation is not giving ground , so far, it is just consolidating.  well lets peruse the landscape. we have a dictator in n/korea firing test missiles, firing test nuclear weapons and threatening anyone who will listen . our president has placed 3 generals in his cabinet. the country is the largest debtor in the history of the world. the debt ceiling comes up sept 29, w/congress back for about 9 sessions.  the country will run out of money  if nothing is done. quite the spectacle. then you have china, russia, turkey, and india as big gold buyers.    there are more and more spinning plates.  and here we are in the strong gold time of year and in the time of year where crashes come for the broad market. this fall promises to be very interesting.  imo the gold consolidation is bullish.   i now carry a very large position.  and the fed is telling us they are going to sell their portfolio.  when they incurred that position , i was surprised that gold didnt respond bullishly. in the past it had

take a look around . how does it feel. 

dharma 

in my opinion, and that is all it is , we are on precipice of a big bull move in gold as always we shall see

#337 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,955 posts

Posted 23 August 2017 - 06:04 PM

Is this thing ready to blow? I mean at this stage I'd even be ok with a move down. Seriously.

seems like it could be, trying to keep most investors on the sidelines before it blows higher IMO, added a little KLDX today which I trade in and out of, about 22% long which I will likely stay at as I leave the country next Monday for 3 weeks

Senor

#338 risk_management

risk_management

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,772 posts

Posted 23 August 2017 - 06:09 PM

seems like it could be, trying to keep most investors on the sidelines before it blows higher IMO, added a little KLDX today which I trade in and out of, about 22% long which I will likely stay at as I leave the country next Monday for 3 weeks

Senor

I'll take anything at this stage.  Up or down it doesn't matter. Although if they take it lower, I think most holders will simply shrug and say who da f are you kidding.

Looking at the miners and strictly GDX, I think this thing is going to crawl in it's 20s, run in it's 30s and fly in it's 40. 

#339 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,047 posts

Posted 23 August 2017 - 06:44 PM

i dont get it though: the volume here is anemic, nothing like a 3

What count does anyone have bullish or bearish?

#340 AChartist

AChartist

Tim

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,800 posts

Posted 23 August 2017 - 10:48 PM

one of the things that can happen as the hyperinflation takes hold in the medical, tuition administrator suits, rent/housing, property tax,

some extreme crypto currency profits may seek the metal for diversifications. But on the other hand I can foresee myself selling metal temporarily, to buy bitcoin, to 

collateralize the bitcoin to borrow out from the Salt Lending crypto company at low collateralized interest to buy back the metals, alot of sloshing and crosscurrents as the currency fails

and no one even knows it yet but a tiny number of crypto people.

What are the chances of a bitcoin annuity available when I am able to rollover 401k to annuity at age 59-1/2.

In any case the reality of monetary failure to push insurance companies into the narrow door of one bitcoin etf could be some leakage into metals too. Yet the webbot says

silver is the real deal on new hyper technologies that use the stuff should be seen by early next years which means the metal should move well in advance of the news.

Edited by AChartist, 23 August 2017 - 10:49 PM.

"marxism-lennonism-communism always fails and never worked, because I know

some of them, and they don't work"  M.Jordan