Russ

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,174 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 03:03 PM

thinking that way as well, jabat

http://russia-inside...ed-yuan/ri20807  this is quite interesting

and this 

http://www.atimes.co...rics-bombshell/

marty came out again today , reiterating his views on the dollar. that it would become strong.  

i dont think this is the way it unfolds. governments hold gold, because at some point they lose faith and trust in each other 

8000 tonnes of gold held by the usa government.  valued at 42.22 an oz.   the government  can find wealth by revaluing their asset

i suspect mnuchins visit to fort knox is the forerunner to that . stay tuned.  

dharma

Dharma, I am seeing trends on the US dollar index for a high around Oct. 2018, so it is possible Marty is going to get his dollar rally into that time period, that could end up being the slingshot move he keeps talking about and then gold could take off like a rocket after that.

"Nulla tenaci invia est via" - Latin for "For the tenacious, no road is impossible".
"In order to master the markets, you must first master yourself" ... JP Morgan
"Most people lose money because they cannot admit they are wrong"... Martin Armstrong

http://marketvisions.blogspot.com/

#472 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 8,998 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 05:41 PM

Looks like 5 down gdx
What happens next is important

#473 jabat

jabat

• Traders-Talk User
  • 604 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 08:55 AM

gold-dollar-price-ratio-performance-char

Two of 2017’s major investing themes thus far are the return of Gold (NYSEARCA:GLD) and the prolonged weakness in the U.S. Dollar (CURRENCY:USD).

Year-to-date, Gold is up 15.72% while the U.S. Dollar is down 9.57%.  This follows a multi-year decline in Gold and a multi-year rise in the Dollar.

The question now is whether or not we will see a meaningful trend change in this relationship.

To help answer that question, let’s take a look at the Gold / U.S. Dollar ratio chart.  When the trend is rising, gold tends to outperform… and when the trend is in a decline, gold is typically under pressure.

In the chart below, the trend is clearly rising (which has been a positive for Gold).  However, you’ll also notice to factors that appear to be headwinds for gold going forward:  (1)  The rising trend is at a confluence of price resistance points. As well, it is testing the top of its 3-year trading range.  (2)  At the same time that the Gold/Dollar ratio is hitting price resistance, it is also seeing momentum hit levels last seen near the 2011 highs.

The takeaway:  A “lasting” breakout above this level may require a momentum reset (i.e. a breather for gold first). And with other charts showing the U.S. Dollar oversold, this may be in the cards. Gold investors & traders will no doubt want to want to keep an eye on this ratio.

#474 Russ

Russ

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,174 posts

Posted 15 September 2017 - 12:47 PM

fwiw i think a 2 week pullback is coming 

I saw you mentioned the solstice somewhere else, I am showing gold futures likely heading for a low on Sept. 21.

Edited by Russ, 15 September 2017 - 12:52 PM.

"Nulla tenaci invia est via" - Latin for "For the tenacious, no road is impossible".
"In order to master the markets, you must first master yourself" ... JP Morgan
"Most people lose money because they cannot admit they are wrong"... Martin Armstrong

http://marketvisions.blogspot.com/

#475 gannman

gannman

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,948 posts

Posted 15 September 2017 - 03:29 PM

we will see what this week holds gold seems to respond to the solstices and the equinoxes fwiw 

feeling mellow with the yellow metal

#476 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,900 posts

Posted 07 November 2017 - 12:13 PM

wrong thread

Senor

Edited by senorBS, 07 November 2017 - 12:17 PM.